Mudspike Country Club

I do have to say…this game certainly is beautiful…

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, I played a round at that Augusta course. I set winds around 10, greens to fast and firm. What a great course. I only managed an EVEN round…with four bogies and four birdies. Fun stuff…

My first hole in one!

7 Likes

Very nice - straight in there! :golf:

1 Like

Fortunately I was in the club bar, I’ll have a double Talisker.

There’s quite a few here, it’s going to cost you. :wink:

1 Like

I think I should have won a car…

1 Like

Updated the hole-in-one video with one that has the correct sound. Not sure why it cut out when I rendered it… :thinking:

1 Like

damn, i was too lazy to make those albatross videos and now we got a hole-in-one :golfing_man: :golf:

1 Like

I arrived late for the R6/CoH2 play last night, sorry I missed you guys.

So I took that play time and completed the Society Event. An interesting course. I had a really nice round on the first day, but day two just never found the groove. And yes, I played them back to back, so it’s not like I was in a different mood or anything.

Still, good fun!

1 Like

Cool…is this the course that @Mudcat created?

1 Like

No that starts tomorrow.

1 Like

I’m gonna wind up with the worst score on my own course

1 Like

I was playing a PGA event earlier today. The Players Championship - four rounds. Throughout the last three rounds I was chasing this Chinese player - Chu I think it was. She (!) was up by three strokes in the second round. We battled back and forth for the remaining rounds. It was insanely pressure filled. It came down to the last two holes. Chu had finished -16 or something. I was on the fourth round, 16th hole, one stroke UP! I bogied the 17th, she birdied it. I had to birdie the 18th to force a tie breaker. It was a par 4 - I had a clean drive, and my second shot looked perfect…but somehow…someway…it had a little left English on it and it sort of spun every so slightly off to the left nearly stopped…and hit some event horizon on the green and started down a slope…and kept going, and going. Leaving me some ridiculous 30’ put for birdie. I did not make it. Finished TPC one stroke off. I was soooooo mad. Sigh… And I loved it.

This has been the best value game I’ve ever purchased I’d hazard to say.

1 Like

… Does the wife know?

About Chu? Oh no…that is my golf mistress…

Trying to stay on the fairways in 20+ mph cross winds and out of the bunkers… :grimacing:

Two largely forgettable rounds at this week’s course. Extremely punishing, and the winds don’t help.

On the first hole, you may want to consider lining the left side of the green with trees or something. I made the approach way easier by just going to down the other hole’s fairway instead of playing it down the proper one lol.

1 Like

I looked at that too. LOL…I thought there was a building guarding the left side of the green that would have gotten in the way though. :thinking:

More importantly…how the heck is that Twin Otter going to get airborne on such a short waterway… :smile:

Played my two rounds this afternoon. Man…it was windy that second round…and fun! Had some real exasperating moments where I just couldn’t get the ball to do what I wanted. And just to let you all know, I personally checked out every single sandtrap on that course and verified they…are full of sand! :blush:

So now we have to wait for Pepg to come along and post another -10 round right? Have we ascertained he isn’t a bot? I mean, he has 30 aces, 16,865 birdies and 21,704 pars - that is 2,142 (at the minimum) rounds of golf??

1 Like

The giant rock and shed behind the first green is there to try and deter you from doing that coming down 17… I noticed a lot more spaces where i could have added in trees or something to keep people off the “wrong” fairways. Let’s just say Mudcat course mk.II will be much wider.

1 Like