Mudspike DiRT Rally 2.0 - December Rallies [COMPLETE]

What helped me was just buzzing around in free roam mode to get a feeling for the car. I also use an X-Box controller with manual shifting.

I struggle with controlling off throttle oversteer. Overslowing the car way to early helps because you can apply throttle through the turn.

I guess my wheel will be much faster but it’s such a hazzle to change setup from flying to driving and back. Sometimes I wonder if there is space for a second simpit :wink:

1 Like

Thats the way!

1 Like

No worries. Lesson learned. I’ll try to make sure I won’t be interrupted in future.

1 Like

… wine in one hand, controller in the other … dont know what I am doing here … :smile:

1 Like

haha, lol, I am the slowest here! but I guess my car finished in the best condition :smile:

btw what is the guy next to me talking about all stage long? :rofl:

only thing I understand is DONT CUT! like if I had cut anything.

6th after first Event. clean drive pays off I guess :slight_smile:

5 Likes

pls correct me if I am wrong, but after finishing 3stg Australia we have to wait first for conclusion of it and only then Finland starts?

3 Likes

Yes this week was R5 in Australia, next week we move to Finland with Group B 4WD cars.
Yesterday I quickly tried a Peugeot 205 T16 in Finland in a time trial, but ended up with both rear tyres punctured and shedded and planting myself into a tree every third turn. This will be interesting!

5 Likes

The co-driver’s comments in moments like these may be my favourite part of the game.

(The front is missing)
“How are the tires holding up?”

(The engine is overheating and the radiator looks like a ska fan)
“How did the car feel in that stage?”

2 Likes

If I understand correctly, @Troll has until tomorrow 13:45 UTC to drive the first rally.
Should only take about 15 minutes!

4 Likes

Show-off :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Come on @Troll, aren’t you Scandinavians born to rally?

3 Likes

This one was born to fly… :wink:

2 Likes

My gear isn’t up and running yet, so I’m out.

It’s flying, just at a lower altitude :grimacing:

6 Likes

I am already psyched for the next round, but a little something to set the mood…

IIRC a Group B car accelerated faster, on the dirt, than a F1 car of the same era?

7 Likes

You’re not kidding…!
It’s impressive driving, for sure. But Rally has never been my thing. I like F1, Touring, Nascar and the likes. Competing in real time against opponents, I guess.
But maybe I’ll like it on a computer…?

4 Likes

You’ll love it :wink:

3 Likes

Rally Finland at Jämsä is live (since yesterday). Group B cars. :grimacing: :grimacing:
Nice turn out we have so far.

5 Likes

fortunately did lot of practice at Fri night driving rallycross with friends :slight_smile: it was lot of fun

3 Likes

Yeah, I hadn’t driven these cars since the old Mudspike DR2 league. I forgot how insane they are, especially at Finland. I feel like you need a shot of Finlandia to drive them flat out :joy:

4 Likes