Mudspike Discord Returns

airframe/system/loadout? :slight_smile:

For Discord and MP pick-up games, we’re doing ok at about 50 people or so. I think it’s a bit chicken and egg, in that it’s not a habit to go look there. What @Wes was doing with a public event will probably help, in that people looking might go for it.

3 Likes

That and an event is a self contained topic, which the details could easily be lost amidst a general chat.

Forums topics are great for things that users shouldn’t have to search for. Where as discord is great for short-term information that can “expire”, and not bloat an otherwise clean and organized forum post.

2 Likes

Grinder? :wink:

2 Likes

Hey @everyone!

We have gone through and cleaned up the channels in the Discord service to make it a little clearer and neater. The #general channel is intended to allow us to chat and discuss anything not covered by the #flight-line channel, which is where I hope that our flight sim focused discussions can still happen, when they are not properly covered by the forums. To that point, we have collapsed the forum channels here on the Discord service into the #forum-notices channel, where the Discourse bot will let us know of new threads being started on the Mudspike forums - in case you want to receive those notifications via a different medium.

If you have concerns or suggestions, please let us know in the #meta channel on the Mudspike forums themselves.

2 Likes

Honestly hanging in the voice channel is the best way to find people to play with. Anytime I’m looking for multicrew action giggity I always jump in the casual enc- i mean discord voice channel.

3 Likes

Hello, I have signed up for the forum here, and done the discobot tutorial, but am really just trying to find a way to the Mudspike Discord. The sites positive tone toward VTOL VR leaves me hoping I may find some folks to fly with here.

1 Like

@Sinner6 this is what the first post in this topic starts with. Does it still work?

1 Like

He’s on the channel now.

2 Likes

Is there a way I can add our server to my already existing discord account or do I have to go through the forums?

The bullhorn symbol at the top is a Discord link. When you click it, it will open the Discord site or app and if you are not logged in yet, you should be asked to login. If you are logged in, Mudspike will be added to your list of servers on that account.

What do you get when clicking that icon?

1 Like

I was getting prompted to “join discord”. I just signed in on a browser and then clocked through the process ordered. I’m in. Cheers! Name on there is 801simv8r

1 Like