Mudspike Elite Dangerous Players

I always feel overwhelmed by the HUD and GUI in E:D. Wings are working fine once you get used to it.

I would not recommend Combat Zones with small ships (this includes Cobras & Vipers). We might look for a nice ressource extraction site (planetary ring). Some of us could mine the astroids while others protect them from bad guys and hunt some bounties from wanted AIs…

1 Like

Should work for me. Evenings 8pm est work best for me every day of the week.

I’m down. I’m out of town the weekend of June 18th, but in town most of the rest as it stands right now.

Good call on having a private group if we’re going to be in one of the starter systems- unless we have folks interested in going troll hunting. :smiling_imp:

Sounds nice

My humble suggestion is to meet up first.

We should ideally know which type of ships are carrying to the chose system and then see what to do.

What would be cool is to split in wings so there’s like one cargo and three fighters (possible a heavy one and two mediums) as the AI has been “venomised”. It’s a lot smarter now.

So if we head for a planetary ring for extractions we all are winged up fighters-to-miners/haulers and share the dividends of the mined materials.

Another thing is a full wing of haulers and two (or three) wings of fighters.
Split by colour. And covering different sectors of the imaginary sphere surrounding the Haulers.

:stuck_out_tongue:

I’m starting to salivate.

2 Likes

Do we have a Mudspike group yet? :wink:

On Inara. at least. If you give it accurate info, its a great tool to organize Mudspike [INARA]
Just waiting for @fearlessfrog to get on there too, so he can help me out with it :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Did not know that. Time for me to hop back on there and add y’all.

On my way! :slight_smile:

EDIT: Ok, added my location and stuff to http://inara.cz plus can see the wing. I guess we could all do that and get a good idea of a decent meet up point.

1 Like

I think you can only create a private group with you players name. So either an active player creates a private group and processes all applications manually or you would have to create a new account (probably with a new game license) by the name “Mudspike” for cosmetics :wink:

1 Like

Yep, group names are just player names unfortunately. I can’t see us buying a new account just for the name.

There is a group ‘FEARLESSFROG’ (of course) so I am happy for people to join that and we use that for now? Alternatively we just shed our carebear clothes and run naked in Open like grown-ups! :wink:

I’ll add everyone as friends in the top list, so I think it’s worth us all doing that in-game too.

EDIT: I added everyone, but @Tyco I had trouble finding ‘capttyco’ in-game so is that right? Also @Navynuke99 - you are Nuke Dukem I guess?

Yes I am. Sorry, should have added that on my entry

1 Like

Added my name to the list in the event that I find some time to play this again.

1 Like

I added a ‘Beachav8r’ in-game too, so let’s hope that is really @BeachAV8R :slight_smile:

Ill check that for you tonight when i get home.

1 Like

I’d be happy to join up and do stuff with folks just whenever as well… no need to wait for the ‘fly-in’ as it were.

1 Like

Joined @fearlessfrog’s group, both of those systems are about 80ly from me so it’s certainly a doable trip for a fly-in.

1 Like

Absolutely. My main goal is that we all meet up with a planned event down the road and all get to watch @BeachAV8R make his first station docking. Everything else is just a precursor for that :wink:

1 Like

Here’s my guess as to how it will go:

1 Like

I am in for a group up

Just a quick note though with starter systems. Don’t do, you don’t need it, get rid of it. The best advice for any new player and any player that isn’t a pirate/ganker is to get out of the starter system right away. You don’t need to go far to get away from the troubles.

Also don’t think starter systems offer any benefits to new players. If anything, a starter system offers less to new players. Starter systems markets are generally saturated reducing trading income, generally less exotic materials and items to be found on planet surfaces etc. You don’t need a high end ship to leave a starter system, in fact, your stock sidewinder is the best money maker you can have as a new player, and if you get destroyed, its free to replace.

If you are looking for a home system then you ideally want to find a sytem with the following or can be accessed one jump away.

1. High tech systems with a high population density.
  2. Station (space or surface) that has a black market
  3. A ringed planet with resource extraction sites RES (ideally high intensity, yes these are great for new players with starter ships. But the intensity of a RES can change due to civil war in a system)
  4. Ideally a system with lots of planets with a variety of size and composition for those that love to scoot around in SRV’s
  5. As far as you can get away from starter sytems

Reasons why,

1. High tech systems offer generally a better array of items in one place and will cater generally for more upmarket equipment when you want it. The higher the population, generally the more stuff available.
  2. Black markets allow you to sell items that belong to other people that may have accidentally fallen into your cargo hold and gives greater options to gameplay.
  3. RES. (resource extraction sites). These are the jewel of any system. This is where you will make the easiest and quickest money whilst honing you combat skills. Why hi RES instead of low or standard res? for a noob?. Yes and yes. All resource extraction sites except hazardous will have security patrols to help you. There will always be pirates in a RES and you can farm these. Hi intensity RES offer more frequent and bigger pirates (who will leave you alone 99%of the times) provided your cargo hold is empty. Simply sit in a high res, and wait for bad ai to start duking it out with the goodies, then when you see the police jump in, or the fight being quite even, jump in for the gank. The sidewinder stock can do more damage than you think, is savagely evasive and good speed. you will be amazed how deadly they can be. Join in n an anaconda fight no problems, can net you 50 to 300k per kill easy on large enemy. Hazardous RES’s will have no security patrols and police will not respond if you are attacked. Make sure you have “report crimes against me” turned on to call for police.

One extra note here, if you plan on bounty hunting, and i strongly recommend it, get a kill warrant scanner and scan enemy before attacking. This will give you extra bounty than can be claimed in various sectors and really adds up.
4. Lots of planets offer lots off difference to gameplay. Often comprising of different materials to collect. Also varied gravity makes a huge difference and fun to how you drive. Hidden bases, crah sites, normal bases all for you to explore
5. Just get away from the starter system straight away. There is no benefit to being there. Missions are based on your level and faction standing. Not on a starter lcation. There are basic missions all over the universe even in anarchy systems. Don’t be afraid of online play. You don’t have to go far to literally see no other players. In my home system i have only seen a handful of human players, all who haveonly said hi and moved on thier way.

My home system that covers all of these is Branglal if anyone is interested. You don’t have to go there, but if you can find a system that offers the above then you will be set for a good start whilst you figure out what you want to do in game.

As a last note, i have long range ships and am happy to travel hundreds of light years to anyones’s position if they want some coop play. Doesn’t take long to get there, so give me a shout if you want a catch up.

Also, for anyone that loves srv’ing on the surface but needs help on how to find areas of importance and help with the wave scanner, i have written a tutorial and happy to advise on its use.

7 Likes