Mudspike Elite Dangerous Players

With flight assist and rotational alignment off at a Coriolis. Starting outside.

2 Likes

Good advice @Bogusheadbox, but I only meant that if a couple of people started new accounts just for the fly-in then it would be easier to be near them initially. I donā€™t think anyone should stay in those places, as like you said, surprisingly they arenā€™t that good :slight_smile:

If you plan on letting the police do your dirty work for you, be advised that one stray bullet/laser will result in a really bad day for you. Donā€™t shoot the space police, even by accident.

2 Likes

Good call. I was going after some baddies the other day with 3 police around and man was that some acrobatics. Shoulder shooting not recommended!

Itā€™s not as bad as it used to be. You can have a stray laser strike them without picking up a bounty, but Iā€™m not sure what the magic damage number is to get one.

I think they use the RCMP Canadian Police rules - itā€™s the 3rd shot thatā€™s illegal, the rest are just kids playing around. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It takes a few, but as long as you stop immediately youll just end up with a bounty. Just run, (they will attack you)get into supercruise, wait for your 8 minute timer to run out (8m for minor infractions, it goes up if you keep shooting themā€¦) and jump out of system and back in, and your 400cr bounty is now a 800cr legacy fine and you are no longer wanted.

1 Like

If you get into supercruiseā€¦ lost a ship last week because police gets really pissed once you pass that damage threshold. Seemed to me as they decreased it since my last bounty hunting.

Good news is, that youā€™re also not longer wanted when youā€™re dead.

Just so you all know - I have a hauler and it barely has anything you guys would call a weapon on it. I bring people stuff, I dig around the rocks in my funny metal hat with the light on it, and I flower sniff across the galaxy.

If you are familiar with Cervantes Quinn from the Star Trek novels, thatā€™s me. If not, lets just say I am a lovable rogue who rarely has his act together. Iā€™m not looking for trouble, just profit.

4 Likes

I wouldnā€™t turn my back on that guy. He sounds shaaaaaadyā€¦!

2 Likes

Just resolved my legal ā€œmisunderstandingsā€ with the Federal authorities so am good to go:

No officer, I have no idea how those 16 canasters of narcotics got in the back of my ship.

Nice to see the revolving door approach to justice prevails in the 34th century.

3 Likes

Screw salvage missions. 1.5hrs of trying to find the signal source with experimental chemicals only to come up with a couple bountiesā€¦ no thanks. Not doing that again.

Just a quick question- you DID scan the Nav beacon for indication where to find the wreckage to salvage, right? :stuck_out_tongue:

Well I went to the nav beacon. Donā€™t see how to actively scan it though. The system map seemed to indicate a specific planet (had an orange exclamation type marker) which I hadnā€™t selected so I cruised around there for uss sites but no joy on the salvage.

I mean I clearly did something wrong but that process is unnecessarily obtuse.

1 Like

I can see what you mean.
To actively scan it all you have to do is select it from the contacts list in normal space (no Super Cruise) and wait a bit.
You should then get an update on the mission tab.

Probably the Exclamation Marked planet IS the right planet- as per mission briefing but until you scan the NavBeacon youā€™ll wander a lotā€¦

Once you got the scan complete and the mission update it should give you a list of possible POIs.
Let me knowā€¦
Next week Iā€™ll be on my PC again and, if you want, I can provide assistance.

Ciao.

Ill have to try it again. I sat there for a while staring at the nav beacon location from a very close distanceā€¦ I didnā€™t hear or see anything to indicate it had updated. The mission. I do said I could use discovery scanner too but that didnā€™t seem to help either.

Could it be it was taking longer because the mission was above my explorer rank?

1 Like

Ah, this is food for thought.
Iā€™m not at my old place this week- so I donā€™t have the chance of checking it.

But I remember checking the Nav Beacon with an Imperial eagle without any scanner- and it worked.
Sorry.

You just need to have the beacon targeted. It scans once you get close enough.

Convoluted but much better than it used to be!

2 Likes

I dunno I couldnā€™t get much closer and it didnā€™t seem to do anything. Iā€™ll try again next time and see what happens. Might be because it was above my level.

Only reason I was trying it is be sure the payout was 178k plus rep

I donā€™t think that missions are capped anymore (itā€™s all rep-based). Just make sure you target the beacon object rather than the Nav-Point.

1 Like