Mudspike Fly-In, Saturday July 20 2019 on Hollo Pointe servers

waiting for a server reboot…

I’ll be on in half hr or so

Reporting for duty!

4 Likes

Received all my hardware and have it all crammed in it’s box and working but I lost all of my DCS Configs. I am troubleshooting that 'cause I am not looking forward to re-entering all that :slight_smile:

Ach, Shieße!

Trouble approaches…

First helo disabled with a AGM-65D, second wants to land on top of him. Time for 3 GBU-12’s in a ripple.

Splat!

If you french fry when you should’ve pizza’d you’re gonna have a bad time.

5 Likes

7 Likes

Awesome night guys! Gonna have to let the pc cool down a bit now! Thanks for a great time. :blush:

4 Likes

Great times, then the cat jumped on my power strip’s reset switch as I was taxiing out for that last mission, because dinnertime. Hopefully I can be back in a bit later tonight!

5 Likes

Haha…spent 30 minutes just tooling around trying to remap my Ka-50 controls. Seems I haven’t been in it since I bought the new computer… Shot a couple RED infantry and then got lit up by a MiG-29 with a heater. Never heard it coming. Dinner bell rang though and will be back on later!

5 Likes

Jumped on for a single sortie before the server crashed unfortunately. Provided a bit of CAP (1 kill), but I’ll take it!

2 Likes

Oh come on, blaming the cat? I thought that was @WreckingCrew’s excuse.

-…-…-…-

Well gents, I got my butt kicked numerous times but I was happy to pull off few nasty kills of my own:

• Sorry to whichever KA50 ate two shells from my T-55…
  • Snuck up down low on @Dark_Star’s 1 o’clock with the F/A-18 radar on silent and threw a AIM-9X into his nose as he flew to the keyhole.
  • Running from an F-15 on the deck and about to be in his gun range, pulled the G-Limit override and the stick all the way back forcing an overshoot and rolled into an HMD AIM-9X shot.
  • Called in artillery on @WreckingCrew re-arming his A-10C.

Also I apprently unleashed the entire USAF by pre-emptively calling in MLRS artillery on Blue team’s supply of tanker aircraft. So we’ll call it a wash. :rofl:

7 Likes

I…no…tic…ed…that…hap…pen…ing… A…b…uuun…ch… of…thing…s…flying…over…head…

It…was…imp…ress…

4 Likes

Fun stuff! Didn’t get a lot of shots til the end, so here’s a few from Blue Sky:

@Wes’ F/A-18 before we buzzed the Hoover Dam

@Peaches off my starboard

And back on the ramp at Nellis

2 Likes

Yes, an active day - busiest mid-day CDT. Good Head-2-Head mission was Jumeriah Keyhole - points go back and forth. The Highway is, as always, fun - and we started with that.

The Highway - Blue tanks ready to enter Novo airfield -

Erl Sis …

Tactical Commander View -

This Blue tanker suddenly exploded

One more time!

Wes switches from artillery to fighters…

Long day…

Las Vegas is that way →

Thank you all for joining in during the day. We have some great missions to fly together. We will do it again!

5 Likes

1…more…second! And I would of got you lol :joy:

1 Like

Are you saying you hit the brakes and he flew right by?

giphymav

5 Likes

I was greedy and stupid. I’ve seen that movie a bajillion times and STILL fell for it!

8 Likes

That was actually exactly what I recommended.

6 Likes

Didn’t work so great against me though… Twice!

Note to F-14 crews: don’t land on the hostile Kuznetsov if you’ve got Chester in the back. He doesn’t like it. First you’re all “All right, caught the three wire!” and then he’s all “I’m getting out of here!” and you’ve got a sunroof F-14.

9 Likes