Mudspike Fly-In, Saturday July 20 2019 on Hollo Pointe servers

That would be great. Cause all the flights we did ( me and @Victork2 at least I guess ) were actualy TEST flights and we did not even come to following planned part :wink:

Btw great event, thx !

6 Likes

I’m glad y’all had fun. :slight_smile:
Sadly it was an hectic weekend…

My favorite part of the highway was “Are those helicopters North of the airfield friendly?”
“No, you’re all good.”
“Friendly! Friendly!”

6 Likes

…yeah…

To be fair, revenge was exacted on me on the next mission. Repeatedly.

3 Likes

And all that was caused by @Wes actualy !
He posted early some screens of Mi26.

So we were flying in our Mi8s, with @Victork2 ‘on my retreating blade’, when the ‘IFF’ call was made. And I was like ‘maybe @Navynuke99 spoted that Mi26’… and then BOOM - @Victork2 had close encounter with Aim9x :wink:

5 Likes

We were working the area around Novo, and you guys were back at the lake on the other end of the highway. The Mi26 and 28’s approach from the North over a mountain, so it was valid that helos from the North were hostile. They are also priority as they reinforce the base with SAMs.

Your attacker took some advice meant for someone else, as he would have been North-East of you, and the lake area is relatively flat.

+1 Reason for SRS and segmented channels hahah.

Also - IFF!

4 Likes

It was all fun ! Especialy that we joked about friendly fire just minute before that aim9x incident when @Victork2 unintentionally pressed the trigger and his gun rounds flew closely past my side :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah… I kinda did do that lol. I was reaching for the keyboard and clipped the trigger! Weapons hot!

@Navynuke99 shooting me down was hilarious. “I wonder If he means me and @nevo?”

BOOM!

“YEP” brilliant :joy::joy:

3 Likes

And this is why we say telepathy is overrated!

5 Likes