Mudspike GC - 2021 Season

I will set up the next tournament on Monday - are we good with doing Thursday - Sunday tournaments with four rounds? Of course, you can play all four rounds in one day, but I figure having four days gives a bit of time for those that can only manage a round here and there. And will definitely bring back the power meter!

Any other settings that need adjusting?

1 Like

When I mess a swing up the ball is going to the right. And to be honest it always feels like the same swing as a good swing.

Although sometimes in mid swing I get distracted and space out on the backswing.

If I get a good drive the hole is normally a good one. Sometimes I can salvage a bad drive but normally Iā€™m flustered and screw it up even more.

As for setting, all seemed good to me except the power bar.

1 Like

Iā€™m flexible with timing at the minute, so however you want to set them up.

Iā€™m planning on doing the next 2 rounds tonight, though the beers are kicking inā€¦

2 Likes

PGA Tour 2K21 is great fun but I suck so Iā€™m done with online competition for this year LOL! Too much yelling and swearing at this end. Good luck all.

This is nuts ā€¦

1 Like

Congrats @Keets for blowing away the fieldā€¦!

Iā€™ll set up the next event for Thursday through Sunday again. Looking forward to itā€¦!

1 Like

One of my better roundsā€¦the two bogeys didnā€™t help me out. At one point I was in 3rd place in the Lighthouse Open, but the bogey on the 14th killed my momentum and it was just a scramble to not fall precipitously down the leaderboardā€¦ I think I finished in 12thā€¦

Congrats @keets! Although dosent highest score winā€¦ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

See you guys Thursday!!!

1 Like

OK - so if you want to get a few practice rounds in - the next event will run from Thursday (Dec 3) to Monday (Dec 7) (I think letting it go into Monday might be better for those with time pressures on weekends).

We will be playing four rounds at the Bohemian Club - I gave the course a whirl today and I really like it. Sort of open play with not a lot of technical shots required. Iā€™m pretty sure I have the settings the same as the last round, but added the capability of having the power bar at the bottom.

Iā€™ve published the conditions in the Round Settings image below in case you want a look at the weather and course conditions. Looks like a storm is blowing in on Saturdayā€¦but things settle out a bit for the final round/dayā€¦so donā€™t lose hope! :rofl:

1 Like

At least Ill be able to blame the storm for my ā€œstellarā€ during round 3.

1 Like

lightning1

2 Likes

Thanks chaps. Was fun to be back on the course. I was surprised at how well that went as we didnā€™t have the power meter on.

Looking forward to the next one. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Love that movie, and sceneā€¦had one of those days about 2 weeks ago, in RL.

I was standing on 17 green, even par! Had just run my birdie putt 15 feet past (lipped out and went down a severe slope). Walked up, knocked that come-backer in and turned to my group, ā€œIā€™m waiting for the lightning strikeā€. Even par for 18 holes is not something I do very often :frowning_face:

Yet to be repeated :frowning:

1 Like

As much as I love virtual golf, I should really get out on the actual links again. I played quite a bit when I was younger. My brother is a PGA pro (not a touring one). My Dad is a scratch golfer too. It always felt a bit like work to me when I was younger thoughā€¦I was more into being in the woods and fishing and sailing. But now, I think Iā€™d enjoy it.

Freaky. Similar story. Picked it up in the late 60ā€™s, early 70ā€™s - as a caddy for my dad (when I was strong enough to lug that old heavy leather bag around). Played through high school then, effectively, gave it up (was never very good) as exploring the next mountain range was more appealing.

Till about 5 years ago. A good friend of mine got me to try again. Yeah, some friend :slight_smile: Now we go on golf outings once a year to exotic locations. Ok, maybe not so exotic.

Iā€™m officially obsessed now. There is nothing like a purely struck golf shot. Oh, and I still carry the bag - golf is now officially exercise! Donā€™t laugh. I do notice a difference; I get about 12-14 miles (depending on how off line my drives are!) a week in, with 25-30 pounds on my back. Get dirty to. Found a good group to play with; all the lies and beer flowing afterwards make it, really.

1 Like

At least it wasnā€™t meth!

Yeahā€¦I almost always carried my clubs. I enjoyed the pacing it gave me. Iā€™m sure Iā€™d enjoy it even more now. Iā€™m not a real social creature thoughā€¦so random foursomes and stuffā€¦I dunno. Is there such a thing as headlamp golf?

Same here; not real gregarious I guess. However, when I play by myselfā€¦hmmmā€¦my mind wanders; hit multiple ballsā€¦start picking daisyā€™s, chasing butterfliesā€¦ This is about the right level of social interaction for me. The $3 team bet per round makes it interesting, without getting to that crazy place. This outfit isnā€™t real big on The Rules Of Golf. But thatā€™s ok.

1 Like

Donā€™t you have alligators to wrestle down your way?

gator2

Thereā€™s a few on the course, not many oddly enough. HOWEVER!..and I finally deleted the picture a few weeks agoā€¦we have a LOT of black bears (they know when trash day is)ā€¦

I hooked a 3W on a par 5 about 4 months ago (2nd shot) into the trees. Not too far, had a good chance of punching out. No need.

As I walked up a black bear was standing at the edge of the fairway, chewing on something. As I approached (he was what youā€™d call a ā€˜teenagerā€™, not a full grown adult) he dropped it.

And I was now in play again! If somewhat worn and slobbery (rules not withstanding :slight_smile:)

Guy in our group snapped a picture of him as I walked by but Iā€™ve cleaned out my phone since then or Iā€™d u/l it.

1 Like

EDIT: Thatā€™s nowhere near as exciting as my gator and kayak story. Iā€™ll leave that one for later, over beers maybe.

1 Like