Mudspike needs some culture

Some of the fastest drumming in a song I have ever heard. Allthough most tabs for this song but it at 160ish Beats per Minute, he is playing 64th notes.

2 Likes

Holy Gatling. That’s over 10.000 rpm!

Always had a soft spot for FnM, that’s Faith No More, heh.

Good song and video right here.

1 Like
1 Like

I’ve been on a modern surf journey lately.

A shreading lead needs a rythm section that can hang.

The Langhorns debut album is fantastic!

1 Like

Ok, I have two things to say right now.

One: Merle Haggard died a few days ago. :cry: Here are two of his best songs IMO:

The other:
While you already know that I like country music I also like lots of other music, most of it being rock. If you want to see me dance (you don’t want to) play some Oasis, Nirvana, Offspring or anything fast but melodic that makes the heart beat faster.

After listening to Oasis’ “(What’s the story) Morning Glory” for some weeks (can’t get enough of it, I love that album) I finally decided to dig a bit deeper into their discography (I never was a guy who really bought records, so I don’t own many albums, not even from artists I like. In the past when I bought albums I often noticed that there were only two good songs on it and I hated that).
I know a few of their singles like “Supersonic” (love it! I plan to do a DCSW music video with it as soon as a British jet is there), “Go let it out” or “Lyla”, but didn’t own the albums.

But after I liked EVERY SINGLE SONG on that album (yes, even “Hey Now”, dunno why people skip it) I decided to go ahead and buy two others.
So I got “Definitely Maybe” and “Be Here Now”.

Now I am listening to “Be Here Now”, while reading about it on the internet simultaneously, and I wonder: Why the hell didn’t people like that album??? To me it sounds pretty great! Ok, the songs are long, but in a good way IMO, not like (Boot to the head in 3… 2… 1…) The Doors or Led Zeppelin. (yeah you got it right, I don’t actually like those bands, perhaps because I don’t take drugs…).

So yeah, what do you think of Oasis and their albums? Yay or Nay?

Oh, and if you like that style of music: Can you recommend similar bands?

1 Like

Interesting. You sound a lot like my brother.
His all-time favourite band is The Arctic Monkeys, you should definitely try that.
Listen to the early albums: “Whatever people say I am, that’s what I’m not” (that’s actually the title of the album), “favourite worst nightmare”, and maybe the newer “AM”, although that one is quite slow.

There’s something about the way Alex sings that just fits so well with the fast but melodic music, as you describe it.
Enjoy!

2 Likes

Sounds good, I will check them out. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would a bunch of Fins playing progressive bluegrass covers of rock/metal tunes count as culture?

2 Likes

Aginor, when I saw Oasis in 2006, the Australian band Jet opened for them, and were pretty much perfect for matching their style. Maybe also check out The Black Keys (their most recent album especially reminds me of early Oasis), Wolf mother, and also Foster the People, Cage the Elephant, and maybe any of Jack White’s projects: The White Stripes, The Raconteurs, The Dead Weather, or his solo stuff.

I’ll also +1 the recommendation for Artic Monkeys- they’re also one of my favorites.

1 Like

Jet… I know one of their songs (“Cold Hard ■■■■■”) and I like it. Good idea.
EDIT: LOL, the forum censored the title. It is a “B” followed by “itch”.

As for Jack White: His songs are a bit hit and miss for me, I like some of the White Stripes songs (Who doesn’t like “Seven Nation Army”!, but also a few others on that album), but others songs I heard didn’t really convince me. Perhaps I should try again though. He is a great artist with a lot of creative energy, no doubt.

The rest I don’t know yet but this might be a good time to check them out, thanks!

Rush in their prime, love the lyrics to this.

1 Like

He said Rush, and I think that they are just peaking…maybe.

1 Like

Was looking for this on the SpaceX launch pad failure news. A good tune. :slight_smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE

Great song. I went to a Linkin Park concert a few years ago and they closed the show with that song in tribute to Yauch…

https://youtu.be/zR6kOfbJ1rg

1 Like

The Russian Army choir does Get Lucky. Yep you read that right… Hats!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI9nFOzz1t8

2 Likes

Old Blind Faith song – cant find my way home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV3u6kS2mmE

1 Like

Ace Combat music does not stop being great!

1 Like