Mudspike Patch Wall

Found this one on ebay.

480 Fighter Sq. from Spangdahlem, that were stationed in Sweden during Op. Trident Juncture, last year.

They got to test their cold weather operational readiness… :wink:

6 Likes

USN Helicopter Mine Countermeasures Squadron 14

5 Likes

Couple VX-9 patches

5 Likes

Some RNoAF F-5 patches…

6 Likes

:sunglasses:

4 Likes

My dad (former Navy) had some connections with VP-8 and we linked up with them in Misawa.

5 Likes

When you have bought patches on ebay, it will continue to tell you about similar products…
I normally search for specific patches, and ebay’s suggestions are generally overlooked…
One day mye eyes glanced over the suggestions, and I made a doubletake!

A patch with the text ”Serbian Airforce” and a… Piper Seneca V…! :astonished:
I flew the Seneca V in Flightschool, and let me tell you, the only thing that aircraft can be used for is multi engine training. It’s useless as an IFR cruiser with more than a pilot and one passenger.
When I did my skilltest for my CPL, there were me, the instructor and the examiner. Three persons, total. I could plan for a 45 min x-country, with IFR reserves. That’s it! Any more fuel and we’d be overloaded.

Imagine my surprise when I realised that somebodys airforce actually used these things…

Had to get that patch, of course! It’s even in the same livery as the ones I flew. :slight_smile:
The seller had a few other cool patches too. :wink:

9 Likes

Found these in my mailbox.

8 Likes

That was nice of your mailman.

Wheels

3 Likes

I was about to make a joke about mailmen and family members but…

Got two new SwAF patches in the mail today.

This is a patch for the FVÖ 2019 (FlygVapenÖvning=Airforce Exercise) from the 72. Fighter Squadron, ”Ghost”.

I also got a 50 year anniversary patch from F21 Wing at Kallax, Luleå.
Anyone care to identify the aircraft silhouettes?

8 Likes

Great patches Guys, never thought about collecting them before but may start now, do you put them on a wall, in a cabinet for display or what?

Bit off topic, but in the market for a good aviation themed wall clock, been looking at a few on Flightstore UK, Ebay and Amazon, would prefer something that was accurate, not just AA battery operated, would have it near my Desktop Sim PC as I used to have a Logitech keyboard with clock that I relied upon for long sim sessions … am a minimalist person, don’t wear watches unless I’m going out so a time piece is needed and I thought an aviation themed wall clock … something like below would be a good idea for my situation … oh yeah, preferably illuminated too for dark room night flights.

7 Likes

Didn’t know about the existence of those types of clocks so for years I have thought that an altimeter hanging on a shelving unit full of airplane parts for one of the restoration projects was just that and not until about a week ago did I finally notice it was a clock. In my defense this was at Planes of Fame and there are altimeters practically all over the place so one hanging on the shelving unit didn’t seem out of place.

Wheels

1 Like

Yep Wheelsup, you have to look hard at some of those Aviatian themed wall clocks to see the minute and hour hands sometime :+1:

Found a few cool Ukrainan L-39 patches om ebay.

9 Likes

Got a few more RNoAF patches…

Funny how ”Fighting” looks like it says ”Fightihg” in the Desert F-16 patch.

8 Likes

Moar patches…!

6 Likes

Aaaand a few more…
A good friend of mine flies the Norseman for the Aviation Museum.

9 Likes

Bought some patches at https://www.silverspitfire.com/

They came in a beautiful bag!

Fascinating project and a beeeeeautiful Spit!

7 Likes

So that’s why there was a silver Spit in Japan a little while back. Didn’t know they were flying around the world.

2 Likes
© 2020 Mudspike.com | Articles Website | Forums Rules & FAQ