NATO Ministry of Information video thread

Thanks Chip.:+1:
Pretty cool to see D-Day Doll in that video. D-Day Doll is based in Riverside and flew at the Planes of Fame airshow last month.

Wheels

2 Likes

Another good one to watch today. This is making me want to fly a Douglas when I get home tonight.

They must have rallied in Duxford, then departed for Normandy. What a crowd! Great day to be either at Duxford or Normandy.

5 Likes

A bit older article, but part of the party anyhow!

2 Likes

I was invited to go watch the the meet. But couldn’t get time off work. I’ll upload my buddies pics when he sends them. Gutted I missed it. But my friend said it’s payback for him missing the b52’s at Fairford :ok_hand:

1 Like

In the spirit of WWII, I thought I’d add this here. A very cool story about a RCAF pilot and his Spitfire:

2 Likes

3 Likes
2 Likes

Actually cool
Wonder about its price tag!

Only 1,350,675.33 payments of $19.99!

4 Likes

Is that no money down?

2 Likes

So… Many…questions.

4 Likes

Airshow pilot showing off a Corkscrew landing?

3 Likes

Got one of those into Bahrain in the back of a C-2. That was fun.

1 Like

How much fun are we talking about and how many guys puked their guts out?

1 Like

That looks like the kind of landing I perform when the wife is shouting at me to get off the computer to help with x or y and I opt for a hasty steep base to short final turn and refuse to go around when I’m not aligned…but now I have a name for it, which is great :grin:

8 Likes

I don’t know about the landing. But that plane is stunning

A different era. Great fun, when getting permission for a beard meant you had to prove it was a good one.

1 Like

Germany lost two Eurofighters today.
Probably a midair collision, one pilot didn’t make it. :frowning:

4 Likes

“Wearing a laptop on our heads.” Nicely put IMHO.