NATO Ministry of Information video thread

2 Likes

Awesome link! Thanks!

Interesting video of a Hungarian military exercise (Clever Ferret 2017). You get to see a wide variety of military equipment including helicopters in the Hungarian military service. Also some neat looks at a motorized combat company practicing an assault on ENY dug in positions.

They show some Mangusta Attack Helicopters in here as well. I was wondering if anyone knew whether the Hungarian military had purchase Mangusta’s as their attack helicopter choice? Maybe looking them over for possible purchase? Anyway, fun video to watch.

1 Like

Not a video…but an interesting article about the possible almost loss of the first prototype Embraer KC-390 due to a load shift incident during high angle stall testing… Pucker factor 10/10…jeez…

“During the maneuver, an equipment used for the tests, detached from its place and rolled to the back of the cargo compartment causing a sudden change in the center of gravity (CG) of the aircraft. As a consequence of the rapid displacement of the CG the pilots lost control of the airlifter, that stalled and started to spin towards the ground. Reportedly, the pilots were able to recover the aircraft as it was only 1,000 feet (about 300 m) above the ground, and landed the KC-390 safely in Gavião Peixoto airfield.”

1 Like

http://amp.timeinc.net/thedrive/the-war-zone/16181/apparently-navy-pilots-from-nas-whidbey-island-drew-this-massive-penis-in-the-sky?source=dam

Heh.

6 Likes

And in a few years of time: “Offspring of coy mother with zero sense of humor lives 20 years without knowing he has a penis”.

Some people have a weird relationship to their own bodies. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can just imagine the banter.

“Extend…we need to make it longer…”

“Hey…looks like the left one is a bit smaller than the right one…”

“Damn jet stream is giving it a curve…”

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever been more proud of the United States Navy than I was after I heard this story.

6 Likes
3 Likes

This is actually how I explained it to a coworker of mine who thought it was a giant Arby’s hat.

1 Like

I’m just impressed by the airmanship. That’s a single circuit, no misshaping or oddities. Couldn’t have been easily to fly that precisely while laughing ones posterior off.

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking about that as well. It’s out of Whidby Island, which means it’s likely a Growler driver. And it likely means that pilot and ECMO planned that out extensively before they did it.

Friend of mine is NAVAIR out there and married to a Growler pilot. I’ve already messaged and asked her if she knows anything more about what happened.

1 Like

@klarsnow - You’ve been put on notice. Air Force REPRESENT!! (Me and @Navynuke99 will judge from the Carolinas if you swing through Seymour Johnson - that seems like an appropriately named facility to display that kind of…uh…airmanship…) (give me a shout, I’ll give you the conning level…)

1 Like

4 Likes

I think that the jet in the strip is doin’ it backwards to what the real one did :slight_smile:

1 Like

Conditions good for contrails!

4 Likes

yo beach there seems to be awfully little space between the wing and the tarmac. did you just belly that beaty in?

2 Likes
1 Like

No ballistics? BORING! Kinda unsportsmanlike too I’d say. :smiley:

2 Likes

LOL; what’s this movie?