"New Guy"?

Hi folks, Weasy here. A lot of familiar people here! I could have sworn I’d joined this forum before, but there’s been a few years where I decided to go it alone and not mess with any forums (after SimHQ) and dropped off of flight and even racing sims.

I’m a 23 year USAF veteran and a currently serving MSgt in the IN Air National Guard as an A-10C Crew Chief/Flight Chief (boss). Been all around the world to some awesome places, and quite a few not so fun places, and after a few deployments to ugly sandy places I kind of backed away from forum dramas and decided to fly solo so to speak and slipped away from MP games too. I mostly play Rocksmith and am learning guitar…lol.

So, howdy to anyone who knows me and hi guys to those who don’t yet. :slight_smile:

Weasy

30 Likes

Happy New Years & welcome to Mudspike Weasy :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Welcome! You’ll find that Mudspike is pretty chill.

3 Likes

Welcome Weasy, I had a similar situation with certain flight sim forums and didn’t participate in any after experiences with a certain one… But I made some good friends there and thankfully they’ve all moved across to here and Mudspike is a great place.
Are you wanting to get back into flight simming?

6 Likes

Welcome to Mudspike :mudspike:
Good of you to join us!

Don’t let @Mace’s polite manner make you think you have a choice… :wink:
The DCS A-10 just got a new cockpit, you know.

8 Likes

Hey @Weasy welcome to the friendliest place in the sky

I’m gonna be jumping in the A10c on DCS as soon as I can dig myself out the Mig 19… if you fancy learning it together give me a shout. How Long have you been playing guitar?

5 Likes

Welcome I hope you enjoy your stay :blush:

4 Likes

Welcome weasy, put your feet up, grab a drink. You’re home brother.

5 Likes

Welcome to Mudspike!

4 Likes

And very nice it is too :blush:

5 Likes

Hey there! I seem to remember you! Although you had a slightly different name. :slight_smile:
So glad to see you around again! :smiley:
Welcome!

5 Likes

Hello Weasy,Great to have you and your real world Military Aviation Experience here to add to our conversations,

MudSpike is a fantastic forum with many Military ,Active and Vets who are Super Cool and bring a wealth of knowledge to the forums…There’s really no Drama here as we’re all pretty much grown-ups(My Wife Might Object to this Statement :slight_smile: ) So it’s a fantastic place to ask questions and learn.
Welcome Sir

4 Likes

Welcome to Mudspike Weasy! Good to see you.

The A-10C is still my favorite aircraft in DCS.

4 Likes

Welcome to Mudspike Weasy.

Wheels

4 Likes

Welcome!

MudSpike is a daily read like a good book or newspaper. We have a “Devotee” badge for signing in every day for a year - and a fair number of people have it, with many more who may not have consistent available time or access holding the badge in spirit!

I hope you’ll retake to the virtual skies with us!

3 Likes

Hey @Weasy, welcome to The Happiest Place Online©! Lot of old familiar faces here- hope to see you up flying with us some time, or at least joining the witty banter.

6 Likes

A most warm welcome WK. We are generally a civil bunch, but in the rare event that we get out of hand, the Boss or one of his lieutenants snap us back in line. :smiley:

You Hawg drivers just got a knowledge upgrade.

7 Likes

Damn right, maybe weasy is the guy to decipher the CDU

5 Likes

I politely wish he would design actual, realistic payloads for my 'Hawg so I could practice flight training under realistic circumstances. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well, that’s simple: quit taking triple ejector racks and rails and you’re 90% there.

7 Likes