New Tank Sim: Gunner, HEAT, PC!

Sanity finally prevails :slight_smile:

3 Likes

its convenient piece of hw, isnt it? :+1:

1 Like

I have fallen in love with the M-60A3. It is my jam.

I am loving GHPC, this is what I wanted for years; IL-2 '46 but with tanks. The fact that it’s set in the latter half of the Cold War is just icing on the cake for me.

6 Likes

That is the best way ive seen of describing GHPC. Well done

The A3 is a beast. I could stare at the massive turret on that all day. Such a cool tank.

But the bradley is my favourite. There arent many games that I feel I’m genuinely “good” at but i pity the fool who has to take me on in MP while im sat in the Bradley. I enjoy the M1 and M60 a great deal for slower more force driven longer range counter tank games.
But being flat out, 3 abreast in bradleys against BMP or BTR is just killer

5 Likes

You guys make it really hard to justify the choice of not buying it…

It’s just i have no time and it will end up gathering dust with the other 3000 games I bought and am not playing…

6 Likes

What a bo’sheet argument. Just buy the damn thing, have a go and feel good for supporting the things you love.

Do it.

Do it!

Do it!!

6 Likes

and just think of the multi-player when it gets added … a whole squadron of mudspikers looking semi professional rolling across the fields of germany smashing the red menace :rofl:

5 Likes

The Mudspike swamp legion…

Borne of the narrow waterways of the Netherlands, the rolling grey rain of the British countryside, the unending torment of having to travel through Belgium to meet up.

The famed swamp legion of decrepit 80’s tanks, APCs and some dude pointing west instead east from the turret of an M2 bradley were responsible for some of the worst atrocities of the campaign against the red menace in the Fulda gap.

A fence…brutally smashed in a very difficult to repair place.

A dog, scared so badly by badly aimed cannon fire, refusing to eat his dinner

A family car, scatched just above the bumper by an M60A3 that tried to pivot turn instead of just reversing.

The hague will have its day of reckoning for the swamp legion. But today. We thank them for being such a menace to themselves and each other, that the russians went home…shaking in fear and shaking their heads in confusion

8 Likes

where do i sign up :smiley:

2 Likes

Blood in blood out

2 Likes

They call themselves…“The Professionals”, because they are everything but professional.

5 Likes

A man of taste I see.

I really enjoyed the Bradley in SBPPE. Having the TOWs on tap for harder targets was always nice thing, when suddely a T-72 appeared out of the wood line.

1 Like

Bradley is fun, except having to stop to launch a TOW, and waiting and waiting and waiting for it to hit! :melting_face:

Do they really only have 60(?) rounds of AP on tap? I feel like that gets gone really quick.

Per wikipedia:

The Bradley is equipped with the M242 25 mm autocannon as its main weapon. The M242 has a single barrel with an integrated dual-feed mechanism and remote feed selection.[4][unreliable source?] The gun has 300 ready rounds in two ready boxes, one of 70 rounds – usually AP-type rounds, the other of 230 rounds – usually HE-type rounds, with another 600 rounds in storage.

As the Bradely was supposed to be supporting the infantry versus mainly, having HE as the primary round type makes sense.

2 Likes

The Bradley is fun mode shifted into overdrive. I eagerly await the BMP-2. It’s like a Bradley but worse!

3 Likes

The BMP-2 in Steel Beasts Pro Edition was a hoot to crew. One of the better modules in that superb tank simulation.

2 Likes

Makes sense. In our (game) application there are no infantry so you wind up doing recon/hunter-killer and it seems like the 70 rounds gets absorbed by BDRMs/BTRs that don’t quite rate a TOW.

1 Like

In open terrain with no air threat we would quite happily operate tanks idependently, especially if we had arty support (usually courtesy of 8/12 Medium Regt). GHPC models this quite well IMHO?

Wooded areas and ‘urban terrain’ were no-go areas without infantry support. Without Infantry, it is impossible for GHPC to ‘accurately’ model this. I think GHPC does do an OK job of modelling the use of Bradley’s and BMP’s in a recon role… but I’ve only dabbled with them - Real men drive tanks :stuck_out_tongue:

IIRC the only difference between the troop carrier Bradley and the ‘recon’ version was about an extra 600 rounds of 25mm and maybe a tow reload? You would still have the same 70 and 230 round bins and I would bet that the loggies had ordered that ratio of AP and HE regardless of how many AP rounds you really wanted.

5 Likes

I’d love to take Steel Beasts for a spin, but I always balk at the price.

4 Likes

There is the time limited licenses to try out SBPro. IIRC it’s something like $10 for a month or two.

2 Likes