Newbie here - Sorry

Yep I have seen vids by the pros and they dont even use airbrakes till virtually over the strip.

Will try the S-turns, I know about the others I think ie dont use the drag chute too early (it wont deploy overspeed in anycase ). Airbrakes and flaps I put on straightaway also dosnt seem to affect it. And the wheelbrake collapses if used early. Otherwise I like the aircraft. Thanks for your help will keep you all posted. Are letter bombs allowed on this forum.

1 Like

OMG I just downloaded the Chucks guide for the Viper I bought a while ago – Think I might join the Army.

1 Like

I owe that module F-16 too, but have next to no flight time in it.

In general I find the F-86 and the trainers to be more accessible and easier to fly and shoot with (if hitting is not a criteria :wink: ).

The A-4 mod is similar to the F-86, the OV-10 mod still a bit raw, but also good fun. The mods might be nice if you want to try out more of the aircraft before committing more moneys to them modules…

2 Likes

Three, actually…

Well…yeah, ok. Got me there.

@ahab, are you sure your throttle go to zero, when you pull it all the wayy back? Could it be there’s something wrong with the mapping of that axis?

1 Like

Welcome @ahab.

I’m a newbie as well, but the guys here have really made me feel welcome and this is now the only place I go to for sims, giggles and general chat.

I also struggled with the mission editor at first. Due to my internet connection (lag) I can’t play multiplayer and ended up scripting simple missions for single player AG and AA practice. Youtube really helped here, a bit old now but a good one to get you started is

I see you have already found the Chuck’s Guides… that guy is my hero :slight_smile:

5 Likes

As a SPO (sim pilot only) I seemed to improve when I got over the urge to just plant the thing on the runway, regardless of how fouled up it was looking; once I started admitting that, “ok,botched that approach, go around” things actually got better, faster. YMMV.

Welcome aboard!

5 Likes

@jross

Same here. Also, once I wrapped my head around the concept of ‘on speed’ things got much easier :slight_smile:

1 Like

Joining Welcome Home GIF

6 Likes

@Victork2 So glad you chose that rather than the Hot Fuzz version :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well I have tried the S curves to slow down, dosnt work for me. The speed and height settings still dont work / show when back in the aircraft, seems to have a mind of its own but having better luck being a bit further out. Also the alt-tilde or whatever it is wont change to “landing” for some reason ( am thinking my keyboard 6mths old is stuffed ). I have tried a clean and repair but dosnt have any effect. Although I like the aircraft its driving me nuts. Thinks I’ll have another look at Chucks although pretty sure he hasnt done one for the SU25T. Mmmm.

Are you setting speed and alt for Waypoint “0” in the mission editor? That is the starting condition of the aircraft. Waypoint 1 speed and alt is just for navigation and planning

1 Like

For slowing down, if you put throttle to idle (“0”), extend speed brakes and maintain altitude, it should eventually go down. My guess is one or more of these things are happening when you cannot slow down:

• Your throttle is not at zero
  • You are losing altitude (going down means gaining speed)

Try to put throttle down, verify by looking in the cockpit that it actually is all the way back (or almost), or in the controls indicator that you can enable with RCtrl+Enter, then make a level turn: keep your altitude the same while turning. Practicing level turns is good for your flying in general, but this is also a fool-proof way to slow down. The harder you turn, the more you slow down, but keep your altitude!

3 Likes

I thought SP (STARTING POINT ) was the starting condition ??? thats what I have set it for. Yep my throttle X56 is at zero. Speed brakes, flaps,gear down all ready. One thing seems to puzzle me is the time-of-day because the strip is hard to see but I’ll figure it.Oh and one more thing on the SU25T cockpit is there a way of getting rid of that silver lunch box that sits on the dash. Thanks for the help will keep on plugging.

1 Like

Yes SP is the right waypoint, that should work. Do you save the mission in the mission editor or click fly there?

That’s not what I was asking, please read my comment again:

2 Likes

i know the Grim reapers are not to everyone’s taste … but some of the tutorirals are not bad…
also on the mission editor give yourself plenty of room, try setting you aircraft further away for the landing area … also one more thing check your axis binds sometimes the throttle will double bind with the rudders, so as you use the rudders the throttle will move aswell

4 Likes

Yep I save it every time. Sorry dont quite know what you mean by the RCtrl+Enter but again I will try it .I only use the twist grip for slewing . Ok will visually check the throttle is all the way back ( cant see any reason for it not being ), havnt had any probs before on other “longer” strips.

Ah I misunderstood you then, I thought you could not slow down in flight.

If you are having trouble slowing down before the end of the runway, it is likely because you are landing at too high a speed.

It sounds like you are landing at Batumi or Sochi, I will try to land an Su-25T on the short runway at Sochi and make a track for you so you can see exactly what I am doing with my stick and throttle and at what speed I land.

1 Like

Are you setting an empty aircraft in the editor or is it fully fueled and every weapon pylon filled as that will make a monumental difference in the landing and handling.

Try an empty aircraft with 10 percent fuel and no weapons

1 Like

I just tried batumi in the 25 (with no controls mapped except airbrake and toe brakes.

Landed on the numbers and stopped without toe brakes by the 2nd exit at 10 percent fuel and no weapons etc

1 Like