No Man's Sky Travelogue

WHOAAAAAA the vr update is amazing. Little bit finicky with selecting things, but once I’m used to it that won’t be a problem.

SOOOO good. This is what games should be.

Haha I’ll give that a look. Definitely some hiccups but it’s pretty sweet

NMS in PSVR is sooooo good! We can’t have ED in VR so I’ll use NMS as my VR space game :smiley:
Yeah it’s blurry but the immersion is so good! Can’t wait to finish work to get back and play :slight_smile:

So I didn’t notice any of those issues personally.

1 Like

A bit of an update from his last video:

So I’ve got some of that jitteriness now. Not sure if I just didn’t notice, or the new patch has given me what everyone else has. Who knows!

The game is sooooo nice in vr. There are aspects that are better k+m though. The menu navigation is a bit slow and tedious in comparison from example. And I can’t figure out how to gradually rotate things… Seems to be only snap rotating - building seems like it should be done in regular mode rather than vr even though works.

1 Like

I have to say, the new update looks really good in terms of inventory and new features, but I’m very quickly realizing I have no idea what I’m doing any more. Time to start from scratch again? Fortunately, I was only about 8 hours in.

2 Likes

Oh ya. I completely started over since I hadn’t played in so long.

2 Likes

This system blows! hostile scans all over the place, firefights in a shuttle, then stupid aggressive sentinels on this planet. SEE YOU LATER!

4 Likes

I have really been enjoying the latest patch on my PS4 (I wish I could play it on my PC but I have a friend that I play online with and he does not have a capable PC … and I don’t want to repeat all the work).

Been making good money on the trade routes and have upgraded my ship a few times. I am up to a 28-slot fighter at the moment. I need to find a good source of nanites so that I can get some upgraded equipment plans. Anyone how how to get the Cadmium (and better) warp drives? I have the one without the weird materials component but Erwhatever and Ilwhatever both require minerals that I can’t find on the market anywhere.

1 Like

So I just found my way to the Anomaly for the first time, met all the people, and am trying to figure out what to do next. Still in the starting ship, and am still trying to figure stuff out.
Questions:
-Do all upgrades for the scanner go on the multitool? Because that seems to be the only place to put them (for longer range on the scanner visor/ more units for scanning Fauna).
-I found a crashed ship and claimed it, but what do I do now? I can’t seem to repair it yet, but it has way more slots than my current ship does. However, it seems to currently be stuck on the planet I found it on (which seems to be FULL of very hostile Sentinels)?
-How do you prioritize what to gather/ store, and what to let go? I am constantly running out of space to store things I’m collecting or trying to craft, and I’m hoping I’m not selling things that I’ll need later on in the game, in terms of materials, artifacts, etc.

Any other tips would be great - not getting a whole lot of really beginning help from the Wiki, and I’m not trying to spoil the story for myself either.

1 Like

I believe so yes.

It can be expensive to repair but it is do-able. If you have access to a frigate, you can go there and ‘summon’ the ship to your location. You can do this at a space station or trade post as well. What I did was go to the trade post with my other ship, call in the second ‘in need of repair’ ship, make it active and then trade it for one of the other ships that make a call to the station. In essence I used to fixeruper as a trade in down payment on a newer ship. :slight_smile:

Depends on what you are doing. If I am travelling between the stars buying and selling, I blank as much of my inventory as I can - so that I have all the available space that I can for trade goods. I keep fuel and components for warp fuel on hand. Luckily you can stack a lot more (9999 units) than you could with the previous patch. If I am base building, then I tend to fill up with a lot of materials for that. Exploring, I tend to accumulate a lot of junk :slight_smile:

1 Like

I guess I haven’t gotten far enough in to get one of those yet…?

Thanks or the rest of the tips!

No problem. Personally, frigates are just a place for me to store items in my ‘home’ system. You can send them on ‘missions’ but I have not found anything fun there.

1 Like