NVIDIA RTX 3000 series

That build should have a 3080…for some reason the link is showing the RX 5500 XT…

3080? Good luck with that. :slight_smile: This derail just went off a bridge.

1 Like

Is comes with an ASROC launcher? Wow. Awesome

2 Likes

Breaking News :jack_o_lantern: :jack_o_lantern: :jack_o_lantern:

Well…more Speculation Anyway,

1 Like

Welp, I just posted my MSI Twin Frozr 1080Ti on Kijiji. I saw it going for $600-$700 Canadian so I posted mine for $550. Wish me luck! :slight_smile:

EDIT: SOLD $500 CAD

12 Likes

Don’t use a few brief demos cherry picked to show off RT as a good gauge of what it offers. They’re like demo TVs on the store floor calibrated wrong to make them seem vibrant in an over-bright florescent lit hall.

I’ve used raytracing in a few games now. In Shadow of the Tomb Raider, it was very subtle to the point of almost not being noticeable half the time. The fps didn’t take a big hit, but the visual improvement was also modest. So I kept it on and just thought the game overall looked excellent.

Metro Exodus, on the other hand, had a clear impact on both performance and visuals. However, as I played at 1080p I felt it worth having on. It’s not a twitch shooter, so performance under 60fps wasn’t a problem.

It’s also in Crysis Remastered, which I’ve put a few hours into, but that game is a mixed bag of some dated textures and some modern lighting which means it’s not directly comparable to a current title. Blows away older games, yes, but not a great showcase for RT.

Then there was Quake II RTX. That was the original game but with RT lighting and reflections and it was so bizarre. It was like reality superimposed on an old video game. Blocky models and textures…but the reflections were so accurate, and when weapons fired their bolts lit up the room as they flew by so realistically. It was still Q2, not a remake, but it was the best Q2 ever could look.

I played Wolfenstein before the RT update came out, so I can’t comment on that yet. When I replay it with RT on I’m sure I will notice a difference.

1 Like

I know a lot of you guys might be veering toward AMD at this point but if you go 3080 or 3090, make sure you get the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Bundle! …

That thing has up to a 250 GB footprint!!!

3 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jw23ABNYMM

2 Likes

3070 vs 2080 ti

We are surprised that the RTX 3070 – although Ampere has no VR optimizations over Turing – is able to provide a slightly superior VR experience at the same settings over the RTX 2080 Ti. We think that the RTX 3070 is better than the RTX 2080 Ti is for VR, even more so than for pancake gaming. Of course, it is not an upgrade but a side grade, and we would recommend the RTX 3080 for RTX 2080 Ti owners who want more from their VR experience. But for VR enthusiasts who are looking for an upgrade from lesser cards, the RTX 3070 is a generally a better choice than the RTX 2080 Ti.

Can’t wait to see Babeltech review DCS in VR, IL2 in VR and Nvidia vs AMD cards…

2 Likes
2 Likes

So much hearsay :expressionless:

2 Likes

They can make as many of the varients as they like, without the pcbs or gddr6x they still can’t make enough to keep up supplies

3 Likes

I’ve totally stopped paying attention and put my build plans on hold because I don’t have time to track down stock

3 Likes

Same here mate. Its being announced faster than I can keep up lately

I’m gonna get @B12 to spec my next build for me and I’ll just order it and put it together lol. Thats got to be the easiest way to get best bang for my buck. Ask the experts

1 Like

Yuppp. Every time Best Buy gets stock I seem to be without my phone or computer.

What’s a real slap in the face is all the Newegg and Nvidia marketing I see online and in social media advertising it when they can’t even keep it in stock.

Think they are just keeping the hype up to sell even more!

“Team!! What is going on!?!? The last launch required 10 mins to sell out our stock!!! Pathetic! We should be out in 5! You had better ramp up that ad spree NOW because I want the next batch sold out in only 3 minutes! YOU HEAR ME?!?!?!”

4 Likes

Some of the things I’ve seen recently, for all the latest & greatest GPU’s, indicate my feelings about needing an entirely new system (for DCS for sure) are correct. Not withstanding DCS being written more efficiently.

The gains are all limited by the CPU; we won’t see real (big) gains until a) the software is re-written (typically ppl speak of DX12/Vulkan) or, b) we get CPU’s that are significantly faster. If the latter happens we’re going to draw some serious power and produce a lot of heat that needs to be handled. It could get rediculous.

Just an impression.

2 Likes

@jross not to derail, but read up on Ryzen 5600X. It’s a small and relatively low power draw CPU that has consistently beaten all i9’s at gaming and single-core performance

1 Like