Oculus "Can't reach runtime service"

Not if I’m up first. :fallen_leaf: Very much looking forward to it though. Last week was a disaster, in that I got up at 5AM, lugging kit in the semi-dark at nothing degrees C, and then after hour 2 one of the group that had never really climbed before hurt his back putting on a harness before the climb. Like, literally reaching back with his arms and twinged his back hard enough to sob. Mugging’s here did the long walk back with him, carrying his stuff and mine and did zero ice time that day, while convincing him that people rarely die of shoulder sprains (especially if they think ‘warming up’ means drinking hot coffee).

Moderator: mark this as off-topic. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lead climbing?

nope

Of course, I climb trees on my property with a Gri-Gri and a jugging setup and then cut limbs while in said tree…so that is arguably worse. I don’t ever You Tube those moments though…so I feel pretty safe…

1 Like

Nope!

1 Like

I feel more embarrassed than anything else. I have walked across countless icy airport ramps without so much as a scratch. Falling in my kitchen is something I would expect if I was in my 80’s not my mid-40’s.

1 Like

Christmas gift idea (if we can wait that long) for @PaulRix:

banner01

3 Likes

My wife found me in a similar position this morning. I’m really proud of her for helping me up off the floor rather than taking out her iPhone to take a picture. :grin:

1 Like

You have to ask yourself, “Why did I fall?” though. My “reason” was jogging in the wind and rain and the cuff of my windbreaker pants caught my other foot by surprise …

fall

That was in the year twenty aught five. :smiley: Until then I hadn’t fallen since I was knee high to a grasshopper and I told myself I wouldn’t do that again, knock on wood.

I let the shoulder take the brunt … was sure it was dislocated but the doc said no problemo.

(sorry for my unkempt hairiness :slight_smile: )

What was this thread about again? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow! That looks extremely painful! Thanks for sharing @Linebacker. Yep, you start a thread about a non functioning VR headset and it morphs into an injury thread. One of the things Ilike about Mudspike is that we can have a thread go off topic like this without having some blowing a gasket. We are all kind of like family here :).

So, why did you fall?

We have four dogs, one of which is a little reactive and possessive when it comes to food. I was careless when feeding them this morning and a bit of a fracas ensued (my fault entirely). So I moved rapidly to intervene and lost my footing on the tile floor. The dogs were as surprised as I was!

3 Likes

Ah yes, that happened to me … two Labradors will get into an all out last dog fighting fight startlingly fast. Knocked me on my ass to break it up within the first 900 milliseconds. :slight_smile: My wife just laughed at me.

1 Like

I have to feed mine in seperate rooms to avoid vet fees and blood :smiley:
Swift recovery @PaulRix

1 Like

I think Ill buy the Samsung. :sunglasses:

The Oculus store credit just appeared for last weeks ‘certificapocalypse’ Day of No VR.

In your desktop Oculus app, you can use ‘Settings’ and the Payment tab to see. You do need to have a payment method already before they grant it to you I think.

A nice favorable $15 USD → CDN$ rate they used there as well…

1 Like

11.00 GBP yuk not so favourable. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yay! I can add another game to my library of games that I will someday play!

1 Like

I have just looked and nothing really takes my fancy. I may have to revisit the VR thread for ideas :slight_smile:

I think that Oculus has a 2 year anniversary coming up next week, and last year they did a pretty good sale. I’m hoarding my grubby dollars for that. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yep…I see the $15 credit in my account now too.

13 € in the old world. Which seems odd since the game prices are converted by 1:1 rate.

I acknowledge the good will, though :slight_smile:

1 Like