Oh..hello there...(Harrier first impressions..)

Here is the full-res version if you want it:

4 Likes

1 Like

Sax makes everything better.

Since I like dark desktop backgrounds I have my fingers crossed for a nice “Night Attack” theme, nudge nudge, wink wink. :wink:

1 Like

Your laser code on the tgp is 1111, the default NATO code all bombs start on is 1688. Unless you changed what the bombs are looking for (probabaly an editor, kneeboarding, or STORES option), I’d wager they aren’t seeing your laser.

Hmm…I’m not very good at composing night shots…but here are a few. They might be a bit too busy for a desktop though…

4 Likes

That might be it. I need to go watch one of Jabber’s vids…he might have addressed that too…

Is 1111 even a valid laser code? It’s been ~7 years since i translated that chapter but i think for the A-10C it is not.

In Image #7 it looks like there’s a big “SAFE” printed in the upper-left of the TGP MFD display… typically you’ve gotta flip on Master Arm and then there’s a separate LASER ARM switch too. Even more insidiously, sometimes you need to drop into some settings page and either enable the laser or actually set it to a mode that transmits a “Combat” (read: unsafe for human eyes) level of energy to the target.

Also- when you start Firin’ your Lasah there’s usually a flashing icon on the TGP, typically a blinking L. Did you see that too?

2 Likes

I know in the Hornet there’s a big blinking LTD/R that will appear under your heading carrot, and LASER will appear in block letters on the right side of the HUD. I also know the Harrier has a much ghetto-er integration, so I’d take this post with a grain of salt.

1 Like

Yeah…I got the flashing “L” display on my TGP display. After about four missed bombs I finally figured that part out. The HOTAS arrangement is a bit different than the A-10C, so I’m struggling with that a bit.

1 Like

1688 is in, flashing L…but still no track. I’m sure it is just a switch or something…and getting 10 minutes to concentrate at a time is tough at this moment…

There is a flashing L in the second screen, I just happened to hit the screen cap key as it was flashing off…it was there…

1. Can you LSS with the DMT while the TGP is lasing? Could give you confirmation everything’s doing what you expect
  2. Is there a slot in the editor or kneeboard to confirm that your bombs are on 1688?
  3. Harrier trucks faster than A-10, bomb goes faster, less time to guide. Are you giving your GBU-12s enough time to correct?

I know when I look at the manuals there’s a big TL;DR blinking in my head.

1 Like

Don’t worry, the heavens have sent a messenger named @Chuck_Owl for the manual-averse.

1 Like

Ikr? I look at a multi-million dollar aircraft loaded with complex weaponry and think:

Ugh. If they wanted my money, they totally would have explained this in 140 characters with emojis

1 Like

:f111::bomb::bomb::bomb: —> :zap: —> 2x :thinking::arrow_double_up: = :smiley: , :arrow_double_down: = :weary:, :telescope::face_with_raised_eyebrow: —> :nauseated_face:

7 Likes

better

The fact that it starts with an f-111 is pure gold right there !!!

1 Like

I have to say BeachAV8R it has been great to read your adventures getting to know this bird. Thanks for sharing the journey. And I have to chime in along with some of the other posters and say that your screenshots are just amazing looking. I mean seriously just freakin gorgeous shots. Razbam should grab some for promo material. I hope I see similar on my screen once available.