PC Build

I think that’s good decision - 2080s + X56.

Maybe you can even save something more on the system 500GB M2 SSD and choose 256GB. That depends on what you will store there besides Win and Prog Files. Cause for Win and Prog Files 256GB should be enough I think.

I plan on windows and whatever accompanies windows to be stored on the m.2 ssd. Everything else will be on the other ssd.

If I can get away with a 256gb I’ll probably up the 1tb to something a little bigger.

I mean I have that config - 500gb for system and 1tb for the rest.
That 500gb is overkill, and I use default Win file compression on that 1tb data drive to save space even though I have planty for now.

500gb is a sweet spot for price. So why not use it for windows and DCS. You‘ll love the loading times.

1 Like

With new maps on the horizon they may be cutting it close. There is also the advantage that Window’s background tasks (updates being a big one) won’t interfere with DCS loading as there is no I/O conflict when they use separate drives.

DCS on M.2 NVMe is awesome, can be worth a second NVMe if the motherboard allows (that’s why I have two 500GB NVMe).

Yeah, it’s all about the price, if the 500gb is for good money then it is sure worth consideration.

The pro’s and con’s of water vs air cooling is a perennial debate, but IMHO I don’t think you will get much of an improvement (if any) over the Noctua cooler by going with water cooling as long as you ensure good airflow through the case. But as ever, YMMV.

@weaponz248 ,

you will be so much happier with SSD , if you have the money to spend, then get a very good SSD and HDD to mainly back it up.

I am liquid cooled, and I love it. BUT , be very sure of your build skills if you do.

1 Like

7 Likes

Must be some COLD liquid :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

…just think of the “shrinkage” :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Makes me think of the Seinfeld Show and George in the Pool any time I see anything remotely like that . :joy:

2 Likes

Well last night I pulled the trigger on ordering the parts.

This is what i ended up getting

Few deviations from originally planned due to availability, Came in a little over budget with shipping but I had given myself a fairly big cushion anyway.

Can’t wait to build it, Im anxious and nervous at the same time.

10 Likes

Excellent choice. Why be nervous? Keep your calm and take your time. Doing it right will save you from doing it twice.

This will be fast as a cheetah!

1 Like

That looks wonderful @weaponz248 and nicely balanced.

Imagine what the DOS emulator is going to run like on that! :wink:

2 Likes

I envy you!
I just love unpacking PC parts and putting them together. They even smell good…! :wink:

2 Likes

(I couldn’t resist :grimacing:)

10 Likes

Have fun. I didn’t build PC in long time. Apart from installing some RAM or SSD.

As the local store, once you order the parts from them oc, offers the parts compatibility check, build, Win installation and test for free. It’s convenient :slight_smile:

1 Like

Spot on!

:laughing:

1 Like

Got some of the stuff I ordered today, One of the things was the CPU Cooler, the NH-D15s, pictures do not do this thing justice, Its freaking HUGE!

2 Likes