Persian Gulf for DCS World (formally known as Straits of Hormuz)

I almost don’t dare to ask but…
Do landing lights light up water now?

well thats the update downloaded … now the map … lol… damn you crap internet speed … 0.8mb/s

Mine is jumping a bit between 3 and 6 MB/s

Guilty! :slight_smile: Portage Park NWS :slight_smile:

I think comparing an rFactor track to a DCS map might be a good argument for charging for DCS maps.

1 Like

WOW!!! The trailer is Incredible!!!

3 Likes

My first flight on new map :wink:

5 Likes

Someone is a far better harrier pilot than me lol :smiley:

1 Like

…and the power just went out at work. It’s a sign from God - I’m going home.

2 Likes

I can write you a note :wink:

2 Likes

It’s the sucking sound of downloads…

nuclear

Installed!
Unfortunately it crashes a few seconds in when I do freeflight, as soon as I go below 300m or so. And it crashes immediately if I start a mission on the ground (during terrain preloading)
Already tried repair but didn’t work.

I guess I’ll wait for a patch or two. :slight_smile:

…and as I was packing up to leave, it came back.

I saw one post about crashing on Reddit and an NVidia driver update solved his problem. Not sure if that would apply in your situation, but thought I’d mention it.

1 Like

you are one unlucky SoB man. tried fiddling some gfx settings? stuff like grass clutter etc? preloads lower?

1 Like

Not yet. But I didn’t have much time today so I will try at some point during the next few days.

About the driver update… I almost don’t dare to. The last time I installed a driver update on that notebook it was actually pretty hard to revert to the old one. The new one did… weird stuff.
But I may try it.

1 Like

I couldn’t help it and switched to the beta branch for the first time. First thing I did was a 1.5 hours round trip with the Harrier from Al Dhafra, via Dubai and the Islands to Bandar Abbas, then back via Khasab and Fujairah. Nice trip to get a feeling for the size and geography of the area. Very nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m currently on DCS 2.5.1.16543.355, and the update wants to take me to 2.5.2.17559.377.

Are these Release versions or Open Beta? TIA!

OB

post 4:

downloading… downloading… downloading…

2 Likes