Persian Gulf for DCS World (formally known as Straits of Hormuz)

Yeah that was the first thing I did.

I am not convinced it is a hardware problem when loading the terrain mesh, I don’t see why it shouldn’t happen on the Caucasus map then.

(As far as I understood the new Caucasus uses the same terrain technology as the Persian Gulf)

Yeah, your GPU being below spec is really gonna make it tough.

But wouldn’t I have stutter then? And what is so much more demanding in an empty desert on the Persian Gulf map compared to Tbilisi around its international airport?

I mean: no problem if it is, I just don’t get it.

fairly easy to diagnose, like i said just put all the settings on minimum and see if it runs. If it does, you’ve found your issue.

1 Like

The Black Sea map doesn’t have all the bells and whistles of the new maps, I could see you might have better luck because of that, even with the example you list.

1 Like

Sure, that’s what I wanted to do anyway. It just… I have worked with terrain meshes and such stuff, I feel like there is a part missing because it just doesn’t make sense yet. :smiley:

I never said it’d be a pretty Cessna, I just said it existed :smile:.

I rather like the mod in general for scenarios that require ambiguity, but it’s sort of hobbled by the current coalition system.

1 Like

This is too bad to hear. It sounds like you and I have pretty similar laptops. 2.5 runs great for me, and I haven’t purchased the PG map yet. I’d hate to buy it to have it not work at all…

Sager NP8671 17.3" Notebook, i74720HQ (3.6GHz), GTX 970M (3.0GB), 8GB DDR3 RAM

PG probably works fine with the minimum settings. No way its going to run on high with 3 gb of VRAM and 8 gb of RAM. EDIT: Heres a video of a guy with a 970 low end system playing it. I think its safe to assume the minimum specs have risen significantly with 2.5

1 Like

Yes, those are under spec, so your results may vary. I have seen people with below spec machines have some luck, but its sort of buyer beware.

1 Like

Early favorite for best airfield is Khasab, IMO. Love landing in the little valley coming in from the water.

2 Likes

The manly approach is from inland with the two 90 degree turns between mountains… Just saying :wink:

2 Likes

Yes I made a harrier mission with 3 wingmen. I was at Khasab before they had taken off and coming in for a landing I forgot I had set dynamic weather and was blown 45 degrees off course DOH

1 Like

I’m still hoping to come across the actual instrument approach charts for that airfield…

1 Like

Ok I set everything to low and there is not even land in sight, only water. Maybe VRAM is basically empty.
The sim still crashes around 300m above the ground.

While at the Caucasus map I have set a lot of stuff to high and can fly over Tbilisi with good FPS.
It is some other issue, not just my graphics card being too small.

Going to update my graphics driver now and see what happens.

Driver did it, as I expected.

I have a lot of settings medium or high now and it runs fine at 60+ fps, unless I fly very low over a big city, it drops to 45 then which is still OK for me.

7 Likes

Just took the F15 for a ride around Dubai.
FPS drop to 40 if I go very low and fast and look at the houses, especially with chimneys near, but nothing serious.

Nice map so far.

1 Like

Oh, and lights still don’t light up water it seems. :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah I checked too, one day maybe :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great news! PG map can stay on my wishlist!

4 Likes