Racing sim hardware

Perhaps FFB helps in this regard. A motion simulator in VR must be fantastic.

Just thinking that I’m probably sounding like an arrogant arsehole in this thread with regards to VR. Really, I’m hoping that you guys can find a way to overcome the uneasy feeling, because it does seem to make me a little quicker. Need all the help that I can get at my age. Maybe a good alternative is a 3 monitor setup. All of the pro drivers jumping to esports seem to like this. Perhaps part of maintaining their brand.

1 Like

Sadly I don’t have 10k bucks to spend on something like this. Would love to try it.

2 Likes

That looks incredible. Similar setup as the Sim Racing Garage guy I think.

1 Like

Not at all. I don’t begrudge anyone who has VR legs.

Simming has a history to favour hardware cheating. It seems as hardware has evolved in such a way that some people can’t deal with it anymore :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I could use some Apollo 13 engineering help, using just what I have handy, but I need to find a way to keep my pedals from sliding around. I tried the most obvious low tech solution, just placing a board against the wall. Unfortunately the back edge of the pedals that come with the T300rs are angled so the board just slides right up over top of it.

I have hardwood floors to deal with so the normal pads just slide, putting a small rug there just slides, using it on regular carpet… you guessed it, it slides. My go to solution has always been to step down on the thing really hard while i drive with my left foot to try and hold it in place, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

I created a thread about a similar problem with rudder pedals on a hardwood floor. Ended up using a large rubber tool drawer liner, similar to @DanTDBV’s solution.

2 Likes

thanks, I may actually have some of that here in the house that we put down in the cupboards!

1 Like

Use your winter car mats :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I went with a bathroom mat, worked perfectly

1 Like

Lots of good info here, if you haven’t seen it already.

2 Likes

Geez, I found the ball of my braking foot getting sore after Germany! Had to break out my brake foot (left foot of course) moccasin! :slight_smile:

pic1

Now I find out that braking doesn’t seem to be necessary in Sweden! :smiley:

Ah well, I still have my trusty Mudcat inspired joystick E brake by my side …

pic2

Sweden is pretty hair-raising … it’s gunna be FUN!

GL everyone.

4 Likes

I’ve got the same joystick bolted to the side of my simpit! Pots are a bit spiky now so I re-calibrated with the computer neutral point forward of the physical spring center point (otherwise it would just keep triggering), but other than that it works great.

1 Like

Good old Attack 3 Logitech joystick! The thing is 16 years old! I didn’t even know I had it until Mudcat mentioned that people were using old joysticks as E brakes. I opened my old junk closet and there it was! LOL! Velcroed it to my desk and now it’s my hairpin buddy.

2 Likes

I just ordered one of these. Now I just need a cockpit to bolt it to.

There is no place rigid enough to bolt it to on my 12 year old Playseat Evo, which spent most of its life connected to Playstations. It went into storage when we moved, but got dusted off with the launching of @Mudcat’s DR2 league. I’m having so much fun, that I’m getting serious about building a good sim pit.

2 Likes

You get the handbrake or the shifter?

The bad thing with sim racing gear is that when it starts getting too pricey I know that I can just go and buy a beater and do some actual rallying cheaper

Both actually. Then I had buyers remorse, because I don’t really have something to mount it to and pretty much only using a brake these days. Have been looking at building an 80/20 rig.

I wish that you could run the RX supercars in Rally. Those in Finland would be utterly insane.

1 Like

Some very cool printed upgrades for Logitech wheels here…

https://www.etsy.com/shop/MVHStudios/

2 Likes

Sorry that I have missed a few rallies lately. Yesterday afternoon some boxes from Sim-Lab showed up and I began building an 8020 rig. Their ordering system is not very sophisticated, so no tracking info or warning. I ordered this on the 9th of April, and it just showed up yesterday. UPS dropped it on my front porch without a signature. I guess that saved a few bucks in the long run. Building something like this. Needed an 8020 rig to mount some Fanatec gear. More details as it comes together.

6 Likes

Proper gear there sir. I’m in an 80/20 rig myself with an OSW wheel system.

1 Like

:+1:

Photos please, if you have time.