RAVEN ONE - DLC campaign for the DCS Hornet

Awesome! Thanks Kom, I love seeing drafts and work throughs of designs!

I would love to see some of the skin designs. Did you have much input from Vincent and Kevin?

2 Likes

First was a favourite as well for me

1 Like

There was quite some inputs when I began- mostly was to have two sets of covers.
A set of two cover very stylized (a black and a white one- only indications).
A set of two with the aim of looking as much as possible as the book cover.

About the skin I was given nearly comlpete Charte Blanche.
I’ll ask if I can post the models but I don’t think there’ll be any problem.

5 Likes

Cool, thanks Kom!

The good Baltic Dragon opened a Merchandise Store with all sort of goodies branded with Raven’s FW logo and many of the other squadrons.

https://teespring.com/stores/raven-one

Since someone asked before, I can confirm that I do get a small % from each transaction, for my involvement in the creation of some of the art.

So, no pressure, no rush… I know I got a few things because they’re nice and quality is good.

7 Likes

idea pitch; team up with Kevin Miller to sell limited edition boxed copies featuring the cover art above (I vote for number 1) and a signed copy of the book. Donate a portion of proceeds to charity (Wounded Warrior gets my vote there).

Hard to pass that up for a lot of folks…

8 Likes

Just bought the book and will read it before I play the campaign. I am not normally one for campaigns in DCS but the fact that the voice overs are done by people I listen too often via there YouTube channels is a real draw. I imagine the immersion with familiar voices will really ramp up a notch

2 Likes

Oh! Let me have a chat with Baltic!

1 Like

Well, whaddayaknow…
We’re talking about it.

Apparently everyone seems to like the idea so far.

4 Likes

That’s a really, REALLY great idea. I would absolutely buy this, even though I’ve already bought the campaign, especially if it came with kneeboard cards already.

2 Likes

Same here. I will buy the campaign either way but I would definitely wait for this version!!
I’ll order my t shirt on pay day…freaking awesome work

1 Like

Awesome! Ill toss a few more logs on the fire then:

-sweeten the pot with a Ravens challenge coin and/or patch
-second kneeboards as @Navynuke99 notes
-a super duper collectors edition, that comes with a custom made Raven One hornet skin, complete with “Commander [fist name][call sign][Last Name]” on the side

I’m envisioning a shadow box on my wall with framed/signed copies of book and campaign box, coin/patch, and pic of that skin in game. Man cave bragging rights for a life time!

3 Likes

Uh, IIRC patches are a thing but the rest needs work…
Not that’s impossible, but the amount of work that can be devoted to this is important…

Let me think this through with Baltic.

3 Likes

The book(s) are good. This coming from someone that doesn’t care much for anything made up (I’ve read a zillion books but only maybe 4 'novel’s, this being one). Just my 2 cents.

3 Likes

Oh…the socks! Got my name all over them. Now, something to go with them… :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Lol, no worries then. No bad ideas in brainstorming :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well this is getting expensive, lol.

5 Likes

Just finished mission 5; i’d say don’t read the book if it follows the story line closely (I haven’t) damn that was intense. What a wonderful campaign/sp experience so far, thumbs up :+1:

2 Likes

Wow, I didnt know you had a part in this, that’s awesome :a6: :a6: :a6:!

I too prefer the 1st cover (B&W), it’s a shame they didn’t use it
I had the same thing happening to me with Ranger79’ Op. Piercing Fury campaign.
Those awesome campaign makers should listen to the expertz :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Many thanks! :smiley: