RAZBAM AV-8B Harrier II

They’re from RAZBAM’s facebook. I’d post a link, but my work proxy really doesn’t want me to.

6 Likes

I have the Weirdest boner now…

2 Likes
4 Likes

I would like to see the gamut of Harriers at some point. Radar-toting Plus and SHARs, night attacks, and even the first gen wing-and-a-prayer models. Yeah, I’ve got every Harrier ever dreamed of in SF2, but it’s not the same.

A SHAR and a Plus and one night attack would probably be sufficient, though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think we should rename @near_blind to Warkipedia…

6 Likes
6 Likes

Amazing level of detail!!!

Looking good!

Perhaps we can change his tag from “Community Event Host”? :wink:

https://vimeo.com/user38478655

2 Likes

All Zal videos are A M A Z I N G !!!..I recomend everybody to suscribe to his channel!!

4 Likes

Anything’s a carrier if you’re brave enough.

2 Likes

does the DCS Cargo ship have a collision model to support this?

2 Likes

Asking the real questions here!

If a ship have a colision model. I think, a harrier or a helo can land here (we can test them on a elinja tanker or other civilian ship to test them)

I wish I had better news, but I’ve spent the entire week struggling with the Armament Control Panel (ACP). This deceptively simple instrument is quite complex. It is the heart of the AV-8B N/A Air-to-Ground capabilities. It controls delivery modes, fuzing (for bombs), launch/release priority, jettison mode and of course it has a manual mode as well.

For starters: The AV-8B (D/A, N/A and Plus) have 5 different delivery modes:1 for AGMs, 2 Computed modes for AG weapons, including guns and rockets and 2 manual modes, one of which is a user controlled depressed sight the other is a standard iron sight. There are 24 fuzing options based on selected weapon. And then you have the basics: release quantity, multiplier and release interval (in feet, this is an American aircraft after all and everybody knows that America doesn’t favor the metric system :slight_smile: ).

There are four jettison modes.

It also has 4 different sensors to select in order to get the ballistic computations required for hitting the target with dumb iron bombs.

Like the A-10C it has a built-in laser spot detector that will lock the system to the selected target, enabling you to deliver plain old dumb bombs to service it.

And I am not even touching the LITENING Pod yet.

Quite a difference from the M-2000C, which is an interceptor with secondary AG capabilities and the AV-8B N/A, which is an attack aircraft with secondary AA capabilities.

So I’m working a week in this thing and yet I’m not getting to the point where I release bombs. Sigh! Well, I’ll keep toiling to get there. I’ll make a video as soon as bomb release is operational.

8 Likes

Sorry but after two beers I am confused. Who is being quoted? Or is that you, Near Blind?

If I put it in quotes, It’s not me talking. I am not secretly a Razbam dev, just a stalker keen observer.

7 Likes

Ahhh. Got it. Sorry but I still haven’t broken the code on clearly browsing the forum software with the phone.

…and the beer prolly dint help.

2 Likes