RAZBAM AV-8B Harrier II

As a former line-guy…nothing I’ve met beats the Mu-2 and Gulfstream I for noise. With those Garrett and Rolls Royce Darts respectively, it wasn’t the loudness…but the damn frequency. Woah.

2 Likes

That’s awful! And I love the sounds from (almost) all aircraft!

EDIT: Oh. It keeps getting worse :slight_smile:

Don’t worry. Your measly pitiful computer, smartphone, or tablet speakers are not capable of creating the appropriate sound pressure. But behold the angry beast! I can bet he is not full in it either. Otherwise there would be a great many people soiling themselves.

With regrets we’ve taken this thread far from its original purpose, but there has been not much news from Razbam lately. Could be a good thing.

well they’ve released these:

refueling boom :slight_smile:

10 Likes

The @31stMEU​ is training with the Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System aboard the USS Bonhomme Richard. pic.twitter.com/eC5NHWZwZB

— U.S. Marines (@USMC) July 6, 2017

Cool little harrier video

Suck it US Army and DAGR. I saw that coming 12 years ago. APKWS is the system to have for guided rockets!

I’ll tell you what, I’m sure I’ve been around louder but that whistle that the BAC Strikemaster makes on the ground can really be deafening especially if your right next to it.

1 Like

https://scontent-dft4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/20545196_1421244951295472_6146218140004534275_o.jpg?oh=5c30e39b7fca45181b09f284948fe418&oe=59FBD53A

13 Likes

Bloody hell.
We left “outstanding” in the rear view mirror and are pushing forward! :open_mouth:

4 Likes

6 Likes

well it looks ready … now … RELEASE THE DAMN THING :joy:

4 Likes

http://imgur.com/a/oEOdP

The Tarawa’s looking damn fine. The Wasp is shaping up. I’m growing increasingly concerned I’m never going to see the LSD or LPD.

5 Likes

RAZBAM can build a San Antonio LPD, to complement the LHA, LHD and LST

1 Like

One would hope. The Newport Class LSTs were retired and sold off rapidly at the end of the cold war. The US Navy was transitioning to the “Forward From the Sea” doctrine which emphasized launching rapid, air mobile strikes supported by fast amphibious hovercraft from mobile Amphibious Ready Groups sitting over the horizon from possible threats, be those shore launched anti-shipping missiles or artillery. The LST had minimal well deck space and required physically sailing into the threat zone, and was thus discarded (along with the singular purpose LPHs).

By the time “our” Harrier was in service, the Navy was well into the process of switching to a more or less codified Amphibious Readiness Group that would consist of a LHA or LHD, an LSD, and an LPD. The San Antonio would be welcome, though I believe the trusty but rusty Austin class would be better representative of a wider era of conflicts. Along with that, by my reckoning an Anchorage, Whidbey Island, or Harper’s Ferry class LSD would also be necessary.

1 Like

I know them, old Harpoon 4.1 commander :wink:

Surely RAZBAM build more and more landing ships (the LCAC, LCM-8 and LCU are in progress)

1 Like

7 Likes

6 Likes

Man…that’s delicious looking…

I can’t wait to paint them up like so:

load them by the bushel onto the Kuznetsov, and shoot them down in my Tomcat…

2 Likes

well i mean after the flight model its not like Razbam would need to make a whole lot of weapons for the thing…