RAZBAM AV-8B Harrier II

Sand, I don’t like Sand. It’s coarse and gets everywhere. Not like Natalie Portman.

4 Likes

That’s not sand, it’s freaking moon dust. Still trying to figure out how it’s got inside sealed bearings.

1 Like

Sand…why did it have to be sand?
Dunes. Very dangerous. You go first.

2 Likes

Description:
Video can cause motion sickness
THIS VIDEO HAS BEEN CLEARED TO PUBLIC RELEASE AFTER MANY REQUESTS OF MORE DEVELOPMENT INFORMATION BY THE DCS COMUNITY, so as such, it should NOT be considered in any way, form or regard as the final product, is here for you to see because you asked for it.
This is a test flight, mostly devoted to test “casual” flight, not using actual checklist on ordinance and weapons systems, but 1s timers “feel”.
It’s about a mock attack with MK82’s, target are 2 warehouses protected by AAA and MANPADS, terrain is NTTR.
Aircraft load out is 6 MK82 + ALQ-164 Jammer pod in the center line station
Keep in mind, that we are aware of most noticeable bugs in this video, and they are in most cases solved, right now our priority stands in systems and flight behavior, followed by art (either 3d or textures) .
As usual, everything is a work in progress, that includes my flying.
Sounds are still DCS default jet engine sounds, accurate sounder is being developed.

6 Likes

Well, saw that video and now…

1 Like

Not joking, in that video was the cockpit was so… tangible.
Yeah, framerate was choppy and all but… really, I never felt so compelled to buy another DCS module.
Can’t wait the final release.

It was a real joy to watch.

3 Likes

I appreciate the effort, I wish they’d stop doing videos in VR.

2 Likes

For a non vr boffin like myself, how can you tell its in vr?

1. FOV is all weird.
  2. FPS are low.
  3. The title says oculus rift.
1 Like

DCS World 2.1 still needs to be optimized.

Just worth pointing out that although the FPS appears low in the video, it would still seem smooth in the headset with ATW and ASW enabled.

I live next to the Straights of Hormuz and I am so excited to see this map coming along. It will be so cool to have some epic battles over SOH.

The Jump Jet is looking GOOD!

1 Like

2 Likes

I’m just saying the video isn’t a VR set, and it doesn’t have those features, so it looks jenky. I think they would be better served releasing 2D media and trusting the VR users will vouch once it’s released :smiley:

2 Likes

I think we get it. This is no professional movie. However, I like it very much and I am sure most people who are interested in the Harrier also like it.

komemiute hit it right on the head. The cockpit feels very tangible. Its a solid development video.

I’m grateful he shared it and I’m not about to be picky about it.

1 Like

7 Likes

5 Likes

I don’t know, I’ve been known to enjoy a noncorporeal cockpit now and again, especially if I’m flying for Organia.

I’m on Kur’s six!

http://imgur.com/a/giJ6O

2 Likes

This is not a Il-78M Tanker, or?