RAZBAM AV-8B Harrier II

Why do you guys fret so much about these modules? :wink:

1 Like

This is like, 50% of what being a flight sim enthusiast is.

7 Likes

The other 50% is arguing over small yet insignificant details.

4 Likes

The other other 50% is scrolling past all the F-111 posts.

7 Likes

Itā€™s true. I donā€™t so much FLY simulations as I do ANTICIPATE simulations. Itā€™s like Christmas morning but with the date unknown until the developer says, ā€œHey everyone, Itā€™s Christmas!ā€

5 Likes

I love every new airplane or module I buy. Simply because they are a game within the game for me:

4 Likes

You seem to be having trouble internalizing the collective Helsinki Syndrome that is modern flight simming.

May I suggest you read ā€œHostage - Terrorist, Terrorist- Hostage, A study in Duality.ā€ for further elucidation?

3 Likes

In the year 2848,
If manā€™s skills are still that great
If flight sims still relate
We may findā€¦

1 Like

Sigh, as if iā€™m not already brandmarked as a Futurama nerd, well here we go.

4 Likes

You say that as if itā€™s a bad thing.

Itā€™s not, is it? I hope not :slight_smile:

Futurama is the greatest show of all time.

5 Likes

Was. Was the greatest show. Shouldnā€™t we get back to the Harrier? :slight_smile:

1 Like

DCS: AV-8B Night Attack by RAZBAM Update

This past week was an important milestone for RAZBAMā€™s AV-8B NA as it entered internal testing. Over the next several weeks, the module will be de-bugged, tuned, and added to in order to bring it to being available for pre-purchase and then its Early Access release.

Here are some images of this beautiful machine that RAZBAM is bringing to DCS World.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/newsletters/newsletter15092017.html
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/screenshots/

3 Likes

Dicebot with the accurate 17% chance of today estimation! :robot: :slight_smile:

On retrospect I guess it makes sense to be October-ish given that they hadnā€™t even got to ED internal testing as yet. Didnā€™t we forget about that bit last time as well with some other module?

Iā€™m generally fond of Sithā€™s ā€œOne Month After Pre-Orderā€ rule of thumb. That said the head Razbam honcho seems to be pretty adamant theyā€™re on track for Q3, so who knows. Iā€™ll pick it up whenever it comes out as a nice time sink until the Tomcattening.

Iā€™m going to remain doggedly optimistic that we will get pre-order next week and maybe early access at the end of the month. Q3 isnā€™t over until Sept 30th :wink: .

Well hoping For an 11/1o/17 release date.

See what I did there ?

2 Likes

Weā€™re all very much looking forward to a DCS F-117 one day @Bogusheadbox :slight_smile:

7 Likes

[pedant]
Doesnā€™t the module start internal testing from the moment it can actually be loaded into DCS? Isnā€™t that testing each time they load it up to see what itā€™s doing, even if theyā€™re still deep in coding?
[/pedant]

This talk of ā€œinternal testingā€ sounds like an arbitrary milestone name that is just another step on the long road of obfuscation to destroy the time-honored alpha/beta/rc/gold standards that we all knew and understood. Therefore it was doomed by current marketing theory which dictates that you need to keep coming up with fancy sounding names for steps in the development process even when they are really meaningless when it comes to how far you are from release.
Actual release. Not Early Access release, which apparently pre-dates beta.

Bottom line is there was nothing wrong with the old naming scheme, it made sense, and itā€™s really ridiculous that it was replaced with this 12 step scheme where placement of the product is more semantics than anything else.