RAZBAM AV-8B Harrier II

I’ll try this with 1.57 to 1.58, thanks TheAlmightySnark :slight_smile:

I think the DCS installer does this already, as in every time I update 1.5 it says stuff like ‘copying files from DCS 2.0’ etc. It seems to delta patch between the branches in a quite nice way, even without manually copying.

1 Like

Hey, my bunch of buttons arrived and wouldn’t ya know it, there were two spots waiting for them all along :slight_smile:

m

Now to look into all the recommendations above and think about how I’m going add the “D” qualification to my "MF"s. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Thanks The AlmightySnark after copying 1.57 to my 1.5 open beta the download was a little over 4 Gbs to bring it up to 1.58. Nice!

Of course this will no doubt cost me $70 :slight_smile:

1 Like

You just need some pictures of F-111’s in the middle f those MFD’s to finish them off :wink:

That’s correct, you don’t have to copy anything yourself if you have the other version installed.

1 Like

Well, I’ve learned something new again today!

@Linebacker got those same MFD’s this week too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I finally had a few uninterrupted hours to spend time in the Harrier module, further working on my control setup, including hooking up my TM MFDs which had been collecting dust, building a strike training mission, and trying it in VR. As others have stated, I came away very impressed with what we have so far, which not only speaks to RAZBAM’s vision and hard work, but also the fun of flying this capable jet.

I will admit that I have not been much of a Harrier fan to this point. I found that it looked rather archaic to other designs, even of the same era, considered it slow, and did not understand its mission or necessity. Adding to that was its complexity and questionable reputation, perhaps unfounded, and to my eyes it seemed like military planners were just greasing an obscure branch’s squeaky wheel.

But, I’m all over it now, and my respect for the airmen who fly it has risen immensely. I can imagine that in if you would find yourself as an AV-8B pilot in today’s military, you might feel like you’re dancing with the dream girl whom has gone unnoticed by all the other bachelors in the room.

Very much looking forward how far RAZBAM takes the Harrier.

BTW, for TM MFD owners, how do you keep then from sliding on your desk?

2 Likes

I literally nailed a round metal stud in the desk wood and bent it ove the edge rear horizontal bezel.
Twice, once per side.

3 Likes

Heck if I know, I consider adding some weight to the base, or just bolt them straight onto a slanted control box. I’m working on an INS panel that would fit right in the middle + a host of switches.

1 Like

That would definitely get 'er done Komi, but I’m looking for a bit less permanent solution. Perhaps some two sided tape or velcro. I’ve got an early Christmas present (back) ordered, an Acer Predator X34 curved G-Sync monitor, which should free up some real estate compared to my dimming 27" Viewsonic and its massive base. Once the new glass is onboard, I’ll have a better idea as to the location for the MFDs. I like how @Linebacker has his setup rather narrowly. Mine are conflicting with the WARTHOG throttle base and levers atm.

FWIW, digging through some photos I found this from Feb 2015 where I was experimenting exporting the L & R MFDs to a second monitor and overlaying that with the TMs. While it worked pretty well, I couldn’t find a physical setup that I liked, including rotating the 2nd monitor to portrait mode. I suppose that’s why the small monitors are preferable.

3 Likes

So I can’t get the AGM-122 to work

SMC ERROR - RELEASE PROGRAM IS EMPTY - CANNOT LOAD

What I do is go in A/G master mode, in the left MPCD select stores and then select the SA. I do have Master Arm on ARM. I can’t find anything in the pocket guide about this.

What else do you have on the jet? I’ve run into issues where too many disparate weapons will bug out the SMS.

Yes, I’ve read that more then 2 different types of AG munition cause that problem. But I am only carrying two AGM-122 on the outside pylons.

Yes, I’ve seen 2.1 update with files in the 1.5 install, and 1.5 update with files in the 2.1 install. Prevents double downloading of common files, which I approve of, especially as I have the ED installer which is far slower than Steam for me.

I can DL at 120mbps from Steam but DCS rarely even reaches 100, more usually is in the 60-80 range.

VIFFing, thats the mission :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had to laugh at “nailed a round metal stud” and “bent it over”. I know, I’m a horrible person.

2 Likes

Eh… You aren’t wrong…
:fearful:

After some serious faffing with monitor settings and general hair pulling… I got my export mfd’s exported

The only issue I now have is the main screen and user interface is spread over three screens

6 Likes

Lies, the only issue now is the stretched video format of the MFD’s!

:kissing_heart::wink: