RAZBAM AV-8B Harrier II

dcs

From FB, looks like the Re-texture is coming along nicely.

That looks very nice!

Tarawa upgrade looks great, I hope they replace the coal burning engines in it. The smoke makes it easy to spot in the distance, but makes me feel like I should be landing a hellcat instead of a Harrier…

Wait a second.

Could one reskin the Tarawa with a wooden deck texture?

RAZBAM working on “ground crew” to the LHA

I would also love spawn in on the parking areas instead of the deck. That would be awesome.!!!

Looking forward to it

A little off topic but is there a guide to Tarawa shipboard aircraft ops out there is internet-land? In MP I’ve been begging forgiveness and just taxiing as close to the more recently spawned Harrier to give myself sufficient length to launch.

And yes a spawn off to the side would be better.

There is the manual floating around that explains the pattern and such, but as far as marshalling the aircraft on the deck, I dont know. Someone also made a pretty good example video flying the pattern to land. I believe its a little further up in the thread.

LHA/LHD NATOPS, Page 5-17.

For the deck markings, check Page 4-4. This is a good photo of the ol’ Steaming Deuce with a full load of Harriers ready on the stern.

HELICOPTERS ALL THESE LANDING SPOTS ARE YOURS, EXCEPT THE STERN. ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE.

“THIS IS A PUSH FOR POWER ZONE ONLY - PULL FOR POWER GO TO THE WHITE ZONE”

@near_blind: Love the reference.
“My God! It’s full of jets!”

@BeachAV8R: Love the reference!
“The white zone is for PUSH FOR POWER only. There is no PULL FOR POWER in the RED ZONE.”

That’s a nice open space you’ve got there at the back. Would be a shame if… Somebody would put a Mil-8 there or something like it, you know? Not saying anything might happen…

I’ve just found a Pegasus engine for sale for 8500 euro’s.

Always makes me think about this…

Careful a bit of NSFW

We know what this is about. You want me to get an F-35B.

So, how do you self-lase with the harrier? I can’t get it figured out!

Make sure you set mode to LASR. It’s in Training mode by default. This is what I did wrong.

Everything else is pretty straight forward.

• Enter laser code on DMT MPCD page (OSB CODE) via UFC --> 1688 by default (not sure if this is necessary for self lasing GBUs)
  • Open TPOD page on MPCD
  • TPOD on (OSB STBY)
  • Activate TPOD as sensor (OSB TDC)
  • Slew/Ground Stabilize on target
  • Laser ARM (OSB SAFE --> ARM)
  • Set laser mode to LASR (OSB TRNG --> LASR)
  • Fire laser (OSB FIRE)
  • Drop bomb as usual via AUTO or CCIP

Also as usual, @Chuck_Owl nailed it in his guide.

I didn’t know a guide was released :sweat_smile:, I shall consult that at once! Thank you very much!

Laser on harrier is set to 1111 by default. You can lase on any code you enter. You can’t change code when weight on wheels. When you are weight on wheels code defaults back to 1111

Thanks for the help last night mate I thoroughly enjoyed it. An added bonus that I was able to host a stable server with nice ping :slight_smile:
Here are some screen grabs

In no particular order I am afraid the bulk uploader does not seem to understand numbers :open_mouth: