RAZBAM AV-8B Harrier II

I think the Harrier still has bugged Mk20s because they don’t seem to do much/any damage when I employ them.

Number of other bugs remain, such as AGM-65E laser tracking errors, AA weapons still firing even though AG mode and weapon selected, etc.

I haven’t seen a JDAM on the Harrier yet, but I haven’t played in a few weeks. The AUTO mode “works” but the steering line is all jacked up.

Oh I see, I was confusing it with laser guided munitions. JDAM would be fun to have! Is it confirmed for the harrier?

At one point it was, haven’t heard mention of really.

AFAIK it was confirmed to be planned to be implemented but they’re waiting for ED to finalize some tech implementations. No idea if there have been updates after that.

2 Likes

This is from their guide, so I assume it’s still in the works. Other stuff not sure.

4 Likes

@Gunnyhighway Interval doesn’t seem to work yet, Tossed of all of my bombs, seconds time I only wanted to throw off two and it did all of em as well. so eeh…

2 Likes

I dont think its implemented yet… I asked the same question over on the ED forums

is it just me … or when i drop bombs in ccip mode, when i hit the pickle button it also designates the area under the ccip cross, as though I have hit the tdc down (press) , i then have to undesignate before dropping more ordanance… I have checked all keybindings for double entries

@tempusmurphy , it might have something to do with the latest update and the controls problem.

@NineLine posted about it on the dcs update thread.

On the issue of controls, after talk with the devs, the recommended action is to remove all profiles from Saved Games, and use the supplied ones. From there you can rebind as needed. Its not recommended to use old profiles at all, at this point.

Sorry guys, I wish there was a way to save the old profiles, but looks like this is the best solution.

So there may be a miss mapping with controls (if i understand it correctly).

I cleared all controls in the saved games area and rebound required controls … just tried it and it still designated the area under the ccip cross… which is also a bit strange because it under normal conditions it should designate under the flightpath marker, unless I am going mad … :slight_smile:

Does this pertain to all Harrier profiles, or just those made prior to 2.5? Thanks.

not sure I am using the latest beta

When 2.5 dropped, I began making all new profiles starting with the default. I’m just wondering if I will need to make the Harrier one again. I’ll watch this space. Thanks.

I’m thinking it may be time to clear and redo every single plane, actually.

I think thats a good idea with the latest update, but i have a feeling that this is a bug introduced with the controls update

I dont think the Harrier received the new base profiles as it is 3rd Party, but if it did, you can either delete the ones from saved games and start over or wait till Mondays hotfix and they will remove the new ones.

1 Like

I think that functionality has been in there for a long time, so that you know where you dropped your last bomb and see if you need to make any adjustments, also helps you finding back the target area.

Really … makes sense, but i dont recall it being in any patch notes … :grin:

Perhaps it is a bug, the manual doesn’t speak of this feature:

CCIP Delivery Mode:

The Continuously Computed Impact Point (CCIP) delivery mode is a computed visual delivery mode with manually initiated weapon release.It is selectable by the pilot for bomb deliveries. It is automatically enabled by the ACP when rockets or the gun have been selected.

Bombs: In CCIP mode, the ground impact point is continuously computed and displayed as a cross on the HUD. The pilot’s task is to maneuver the aircraft so the CCIP cross is on the target, at which time the pilot press the [Bomb Pickle] to release bomb

1 Like