RAZBAM AV-8B Harrier II

Just tried it again with the new hotfix … and the behaviour is exactly the same, if there is no designation, and you drop a mk82 in CCIP, It will mark the place under the CCIP cross as target… could someone else have a go just to see if I am going mad or losing marbles, or its somnhting with my control set up.
:grin:

It’s always been that way for me, never paid much mind to it.

The actual Harrier’s NATOPs and TAC manuals are both available online, I think they’re linked somewhere above in this thread. You guys can read through and check if this is desired behavior or a bug.

cheers for the reply … It has been a while since i flew the av8 and dropped some dumb bombs, if only they could get the ripple functions working.

Do you know in what manual this would be? I can’t seem to find it so far.

EDIT: never mind, found it

Note the “Target Designated at weapon release for reattack”

as far as I am aware it always has been in there too.

5 Likes

Glad you found it.

Just reposting this for any other deviants VTOL aficionado out there.

3 Likes

Cheers! Wasn’t sure if I should repost it or not since I had to google a bit to find them again. Ton’s of manuals out there too, I don’t really ever use those so had to look around a bit.

2 Likes

Anyone else having problems getting CCIP gun mode to work? Worked fine a couple patches ago but now my gun won’t go to CCIP at all.

I selected the gun from the MFD and it went into A/G mode with no problems

Does it properly calculate the impact point on the ground?

seems to … just strafed a tanker in the gulf… :grin:

Must be too used to the Bug’s gun pipper, thanks!

So I am pretty sure that I’ve had this problem before but I can’t seem to get my IRMV’s to lock. I am using the TPOD to identify the target, selected the IRMV in the STRS page, UNCAGE the maverick. Then when I press action down nothing happens. I think it’s because the mav is slaved to the TPOD right? So when I turn off the TDC at the TPOD and I do the TDC Down action I will have the DMT come to life and do it’s own thing.

I just can’t remember where I keep going wrong :smile:

@Cib perhaps you remember?

Harrier mavs take forever to spin up…

That’s not the problem, the mav’s and tpod are warmed up and operational.

You must uncage and lock the mav by slewing its own crosshair to the target. Neither the tpod or DMT will lock it automatically for you. They will only center the crosshair on the target you want. Uncage, move the crosshair, and move it back to achieve lock.

Right, so I can uncage it but can’t control it, heck I can’t fire of a mav even with following chuck’s exact steps and not using the DMT/TPOD.

Hmmm. Are you starting the mission loaded out or adding them at the airfield? And I assume G models?

indeed, G model and selecting them as a loadout in the mission editor.

I never sussed it unfortunately DOH