RAZBAM AV-8B Harrier II

I noticed the harrier has MCPD export functions like you can with the radar screen on the Mirage, but they are both placed at the same position. Do any of you know by any chance how to change this?

Are there any must-play single player missions out there? I enjoy the included missions but I could use something else. I suppose A-10 or huey/KA-50 missions could be edited to fit the Harrier?

Honestly, Iā€™ve got that FOB operations itch going on and the Harrier is pretty much my favourite module.

3 Likes

Having found the hip utterly beyond my current pilot ability I decided to get my harrier on.

Why is doing VTOL so much easier in the barrier than in a helicopter?! I got it sorta right the first try.

I also managed to tank it, spending a good 900pounds trying to plug. Once I got it, I managed to stay plugged until full. :proud:

Did a vertical landing after hooning about for a bit, just because itā€™s so farking cool.

Plenty of hoon in that ugly little monster with all that thrust and those sweet lerx enhanced wings.

The rest of this weekend I intend to learn how to ruin peopleā€™s days with it and even be tactical in it.

Yay harrier!

5 Likes

less sensitive, even the manual says to make firm and strong movements either way, I throw my stick around strongly like I wouldnā€™t do in a helicopter, those would roll right over. Youā€™ve got less momentum to change what the harrier is doing, sort of like a dampening system I suppose.

let me know if you got any questions about the weapon usages! I can be a bit tricky at times, but itā€™s very satisfying once you master it!

also congrats on taking, Iā€™ve never done a aerial refuel succesfully in DCSā€¦

5 Likes

Gun sight improvements

3 Likes

Harrier is far and away my favourite modern module. It just does everything. Maybe not as well as other things but it does the lot. Itā€™s easy to learn and hard to master. So rewarding.
I like modules which make me feel like Iā€™m awesome at flying lol

2 Likes

Did you play through this one yet? VULCAN FORGE - A Realistic 10 Mission AV-8B Campaign on NTTR (version 1.99, updated March 9, 2023)

2 Likes

Not yet, itā€™s on my list though!

New gunsight for the harrier!

1 Like

I just flew the FOB training mission. First off, kudos @Baltic_Dragon for a very well-built trianing there!
Second, what a machine the harrier is. Ffing awesome! I managed to slide it right into the road FOB right away, with an almost perfect control. Just amazing.

5 Likes

Nearly done with the training. Too bad dumb and smart bomb arenā€™t in yet. Blasting stuff with zuni rockets is always fun tho. And that gun! Holy heck!

Missile training isnā€™t entirely done yet, is it?

1 Like

I am working on dumb bombs now, should be ready soon. Missile is done and ready, but apparently there is a bug with VOs which disappearedā€¦

3 Likes

Glad to see Harrier getting regular updates. One of my favorites because A itā€™s a Marine asset. B the unique capabilities it brings to the fight.

Hope to see the bugs squashed and features completed this year.

3 Likes

I hope so too, they appear to be working hard on it. And frankly I most of all want to play Baltic Dragonā€™s campaign! :smiley:

3 Likes

Aww yiss man! not just you brah!

I just got the training package off the ED forum and gave that version of M17(full) a go. It was broken perhaps even worse than the version that was already there. It wanted me to turn to waypoint 2 but never registered me doing so.

Harrier is a fun machine. I like it better than the hornet I think, it has more of a personality.

4 Likes

I feel the same, bit of that A-10 vibe with more airframe to play with and a twist.

Get into a tight turn and use a bit of nozzle rotation to help push you around - itā€™s a fun experience! Down low, nozzle rotation has saved me from prior poor decisions.

Iā€™m not judging itā€™s capabilities in this statement, but the Harrier doesnā€™t have to be good at anything - itā€™s unique & intriguing. Personality indeed - the Harrier is the man at the party that isnā€™t the star of the show, but ask anyone and you get a resounding ā€œI love that guy!ā€.

4 Likes

Thanks - weā€™ working on it with Sierra99 :slight_smile: First you will get four free missions, and then we will continue the story (if you like it) in the DLC campaign :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I will have a look at this one this week and update it. Apparently there is also problem with missing VOs. I just love when missions get broken without apparent reasonā€¦

2 Likes

:wink:

Looking forward to it!

2 Likes