RAZBAM MiG-19P

The ones with the missiles tipped with nuclear warheads wins. No contest.

So, the F-106?

2 Likes

Nah, the only way to win is not to play. They canā€™t shoot you if you are not flying! :wink:

From what Iā€™ve read, the -19 was a nightmare to fly and the Russian Air Force was all too eager to make it an export sale aircraft.

I once sold a MG Midget with a badly rusted chassis to someone I didnā€™t like. Was it like that? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ask these guys how they liked the MiG-19.

582F905E-CD31-493D-A58E-F9B3ED106FAF

1 Like

With 3 30mm and speed like the devilā€¦ I doubt it was too bad. Maybe landing and takeoff is no picnic with that wing, but neither is the '21.
Iā€™m All IN with this one. Cant wait. Day One preorder for me.

2 Likes

Oh great, another Russian bird for me to smear all over the runway and taxiways every time I try and land.

1 Like

The 21 is the only jet in DCSW that intimidates me on landing. Most of the time it goes well, but I have to be 100% concentrated, and I abort landings much more often than in any other plane.
It flies really differently and it feels great.

So even though I am not too interested in the MiG-19: If it is similar to the 21 concerning quirks and so, I will give it a try!

From what I understand, the type suffered from poor cockpit pressurization, the wing tanks would spontaneously leak and burst into flame, and because there was no two-seater version in Soviet service, the type was very slow to convert to.

Now, the pilots loved the speed, but it was often considered a death trap and when the -21 came into service, the Soviets unloaded most, if not all, of their Farmers to Third World customers. The -21 may not have had the cockpit visibility of the -19, but it was much safer to fly.

Reminds me of the F-104ā€¦

Itā€™s very reminiscent of the F-104.

1 Like

Except the F-104 never shot down my F-16 in under 30 seconds, repeatedly, with zero effort, in Falcon.

Falcon: it made you believe Russia was stupid to build the MiG-29 and Su-27 when it couldā€™ve just kept building MiG-19s and dominated the world.

4 Likes

heh, one of my fondest falcon memories is a fight against two MiG-21s, a MiG-23, and a scarlet red MiG-19. Iā€™d foolishly ingressed over a motor-rifle division and gotten the stuff shot out of me, had a FLCS fault and a degraded engine. After five minutes I managed to get the 19 and the 21 before all survivors mutually agreed to go our separate ways.

1 Like

Yeah. Falcon had some weird moments to it, including North Korean pilots who had been flying the -19 for so long, they could kill anything in it.

3 Likes

I <3 the MiG-15 and the MiG-21 so Iā€™m buying this one sight unseen on the day theyā€™ll take my money for it.

2 Likes

except that this one has actual wings, not mudguards with a delusion of grandeur.

2 Likes

Me Likes! :slight_smile:

Patiently awaiting preorder