RAZBAM: Mirage 2000C

I assume for the INS controls. The numeric keypad could work with entering coordinates for initialization and offset waypoints - but other than that…?? The M2000 uses turn-knobs to bring up most functions.

Speaking of the Mirage 2000C…is it me or is the manual woefully behind the current iteration of the radios? - specifically the V/UHF primary unit.

The RAZBAM manual for the Mirage is being completely reworked by Baltic Dragon. However, this process takes times.

5 Likes

The manual I was referring to is the one that comes with the download. Your guide is, as they all are, fantastic. :grin:

What Chuck tried to say is that the manual that comes with the download is being reworked. The guy doing it is also the person who made the campaign, the DLC campaign and all the training missions amongst other stuff so it should be good.

5 Likes

Great! :grin:

I absolutely love this mod. Hard to believe that it came out in 2016(?) I should have purchased it long ago.

2 Likes

Wait for the updates to finish, then DEFINITELY give the campaign a play.

5 Likes

Listen to the glow-in-the-dark man, he’s right, you know.

4 Likes

(devilish smile)

7 Likes

Speaking of updates…

Lately I’ve been busy binding keys on my Cougar MFDs to M2000 cockpit functions. I’ve run into a couple of minor issues.

1 - Trying to do a Waypoint Radar Ranging Position Update: Pages 139-140 in the manual. I tried to map a button to the number 5 PCA key. In NAV mode, this is the OBL button. With all other switchology correct–Radar on, in NAV mode–I press the mapped button…nothing. I try the given keyboard press (5 key)…still nothing. I use the hand controller cursor (Rift-S VR) and it works. That said, the key map will work on other, non-NAV functions.

2 - Turning the radar on. Basically the same as above. The key map does not work. I have to use the hand controller cursor.

If this is just a glitch–known or otherwise–then no problem. I just want to make sure I am not missing some vital step. :slightly_smiling_face:

@Baltic_Dragon has released the new manual for the Mirage! Check it out!

Oh yeah, and an updated 4-mission CdE campaign that also has a multiplayer version. I wonder if I can get a few people together to try that out once my VR headset gets here?

From Hoggit: here

Updated M-2000 manual and CdE multiplayer campaign

Since there is no patch today, I am happy to share some of the files for the M-2000C which you can manually download / replace:

• updated M-2000 Manual (ver. 1.1.0)
  • updated Coup d’Etat campaign (fixes to all three missions)
  • Coup d’Etat campaign in MP version (all three missions)
  • updated Training M1 for both Caucasus and NTTR

Download link to the folder below (if not everything is visible, wait a few moments, uploading the files):
https://drive.google.com/…/1MOyh9LAyJOWVCHaUANa0ZXc6zi_KaM6…

Enjoy!

Post image

8 Likes

Hooray! Looking forward to this when I have chance to fly her this weekend (I think she’ll be my plane for this month).

1 Like

For @Baltic_Dragon, Not to be a rivet counter but I have a question …on page 295, Take Off checklist, there is no mention of NWS off.

Page 296, item 9 lists NWS On below 40 knots.

When I’ve been taking off, part of my scan is to note when the airspeed comes alive (30 kts) and take a quick check for centerline down the runway. If straight, turn off NWS with my pinkie.

Does that sound reasonable?

How cool is that! My Mirage needs love. Thank You!!

If my memory serves me correctly, the NWS disables itself above a certain speed. 30kts is subjectively quite a low speed to turn off the NWS, the rudder will not be very effective at that speed.

Copy. 30 kts is just when the airspeed comes alive on the HUD. So my mini-procedure is to catch the 30 as it shows up, check my alignment with the runway for a second or two (making any corrections necessary) and then click off NWS. By that time I should be approaching 50 kts and the rudder is effective. I thought I also saw something about not using NWS at higher speeds (again, 40 kts sticks in my head.

1 Like

Hey, sorry for late reply. Yep, I believe Sryan is right. The checklists were provided by people closely working on the real thing, so they should be OK :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some good revisions and updates coming to the Mirage.

6 Likes

(Sigh)

15 Likes

What can I send you a bottle of, on behalf of all of us who love your guides?

9 Likes

Yeah @Chuck_Owl I’ll send something too. Just name it.

3 Likes