Razbam's Emb-312 Tucano

So…we got a new 3d artist/developer joining our DCS ranks, please welcome Egar and his Emb-312 Tucano. These are early renders and the model is currently going thru extensive work to make it DCS functional.
The model might look familiar to some, since it has been marketed as “APEX Emb-312” for the FSX/P3D community.The DCS version will be marketed under the RAZBAM brand for the DCS comunity and will be based (after it´s done it´s fair to say loosely based) on this very same mesh.As usual, no release dates or deadlines, it will be ready…when ready
Welcome aboard Egar!

Looking very nice, I might add.

8 Likes

That is a beautiful airplane… I’ve been wishing for an AT-6B Texan…but that’ll do!

2 Likes

Ooh, I’m in love. She’ll be a fun addition for CAS work- up close and personal!

1 Like

Now we definitely need some forward operating dirt runways to work from…

3 Likes

Funny thing is that it reminds me of the A2D Skyshark. I like it!

2 Likes

Is the A-29 the same aircraft as the Emb-312? Here is Afghanistan recently receiving four of their new planes. Money well spent by us I’m sure… :see_no_evil:

1 Like

From wikipedia:

The Embraer EMB 314 Super Tucano, also named ALX or A-29…

2 Likes

I was a bit excited about it, because the model is great, but now I guess the most plausible version is the unarmed french one. And that one… meh.

And even if it is armed… That plane can do nothing that I can’t do better in an A-10C, so I probably won’t buy it if it costs more than 15€.

I still think it is a nice looking plane and many people will love to fly it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

AT-47 Tucano video on Modelviewer by RAZBAM

Expected release that year 2016…(or early 2017)
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2721003&postcount=41

5 Likes

Awesome, thanks for this! AND Silver_Dragon has found his way over here! Looking forward to your updates!

3 Likes

Most definitely. He is like the Tom Brokaw of DCS News… :smiley: Glad to have @Silver_Dragon providing some updates. And that Tucano is awesome… It will be high on my list of favorites I’ll bet…

BeachAV8R

4 Likes

Im Slowly replacing SimHQ w/ Mudspike… :stuck_out_tongue:

Expect more Refugees soon.

2 Likes

good point SkateZilla :smile:

2 Likes

I’ll prepare the delousing chamber. :laughing:

3 Likes

Hey hey, it was mostly good, wasn’t it?

Speaking of primary trainers, I have been tinkering with Prepar3D v3 and in particular, getting my FSX add-on a/c and scenery to work. Orbx still has a few issues, but getting there. Global FTX here with Pacific NW and Aerosoft PANC. The T-6A might no longer be the cat’s meow, but it checks off a lot of my joyride boxes. Very much looking forward to the Razbam Tucano.

3 Likes

That is a beautiful aircraft. It will definitely be a must buy for me.

1 Like

That’s a beautiful video. I think that T-6 was made for P3D by Iris if I’m not mistaken…so it is a pretty fair version. Although @anon51893362 will be a long in 3, 2, 1 to tell us all the stuff that is totally unrealistic about it (I seem to recall he flew the T-6…?). That PANC scenery is nice too. I bought it for X-Plane (also Aerosoft) and ended up combining parts of it with some freeware PANC because the Aerosoft X-Plane version isn’t populated with aircraft…which makes the field look sort of lifeless. I still haven’t gotten around to figuring out the scenery editing in X-Plane…(sorry @weaponz248 )

BeachAV8R

2 Likes

Thanks Chris! Actually, it is a first gen Iris release for FSX of the T-6A, but they have a newer release “inspired” by the T-6B/C for P3D that I’ll probably upgrade too. However, as can bee seen in the video, FSX aircraft and scenery can work reasonably well in P3D v3. I say reasonably, because I am still having some mesh issues. On closer inspection, you can see that some of the residential area on the south side of PANC is experiencing some flooding. Not sure if that is an Aeorsim or Orbx issue, but probably won’t worry too much about it. My favorite part of Aerosim PANC are the winter textures on the North ramp. Snow dusted parking places which look like giant snow angels in the asphalt made by previously parked aircraft. What detail.

Flying this type of aircraft is satisfying to say the least. Notice that I’m pretty sloppy on takeoff roll maintaining the centerline with the amount of torque being developed by the PT6. The power to weight ratio is such that aerobatics are effortless. It’s easy to see why they make excellent military trainers, especially for those at the top of their class.

2 Likes

Mk8 Ejection Seat texturized, from RAZBAM Facebook

3 Likes

New cockpit pics of RAZBAM Tucano

5 Likes