Regiments free demo cold war RTS

I am getting this now, its only 1.8 Gb for the demo I watched a video on youtube and it looks rather interesting

2 Likes

That looks really good. Reminds me of some of the old Avalon Hill board games.

1 Like

Oooh… Can I have a digital copy of Airforce, please! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really loved playing these, Regiments reminds me of MBT specifically!

1 Like

Played a lot of Flight Leader! Still got my game… Also bought an unused copy of Air Force on ebay a few years ago.

1 Like

Really looking forward to this one… hope it’s good… comes out tomorrow…

6 Likes

Is it any good?

That’s what I want to know!!!

The demo was ok. it had promise :slight_smile:

IMO much better and straight forward as the others in this type of game, but to me still a difficult game. Hell, I got slaughtered on the tutorial missions, lol… I broadcast it but then deleted them, I embarrassed myself. lol

If you like the type of game and good at multi-tasking, it’s pretty awesome and runs great. If you’re a .45 (fat and slow) like me, it can be a challenge. Learn those hot keys. JMO.

2 Likes

I’ll revisit today, maybe get some screens or video clip, if I don’t embarrass myself again. lol

Here you go if interested, a quick and easy 1st look… first 5 mins is what the game has, then a mission sample.

Regiments 1st Look - YouTube

I still suck, need more practice and maybe some cocaine.
lol

6 Likes

Thanks for doing that! Looks fun.

I can see where it’d get pretty hectic. Is there any way to pause the action and give units orders?

If not, it feels like it follows that time honored tradition of madly group selecting units and casting them into the meat grinder.

Which is fun, just maybe not in the same way as setting up a careful ambush or flanking maneuver.

It looks phenomenal though!

1 Like

Yes, space bar to pause, give orders, un pause…

My first mission outside of the tutorial… I got spanked but it’s fun. C is a Line-of-Sight tool, comes in handy. I remove the UI for nice screens…

The last 3 screens were a great battle, I had a platoon of Bradley’s that flanked and destroyed 2 Russian platoons, with the help of artillery. My Bradley’s are in the woods, can’t see them.

6 Likes

You can pause, but not sure if you can give orders while paused (only had a couple of minutes to play yesterday). I believe you can slow down time to something like .75/.50/.25 though.

Kinda wish there was a turn based mode, but then if there was I would probably just wish even more it was like combat mission but with fancy smooth graphics, which it’s not.

(which is totally fine of course, it’s an RTS and it’s not trying to be combat mission. I just wish combat mission looked something this)

edit: oops sorry posted before I saw Magnum’s reply - nice screens!

3 Likes

Not sure if this works, link to my quick vid on Twitter, to much trouble to upload to you tube small clips…

AH-64D Apache…
Chuck Ankenbauer on Twitter: “AH-64D Apache… Regiments… https://t.co/gr3tpyhuO1” / Twitter

A10 Warthog…
Chuck Ankenbauer on Twitter: “A10 Warthogs… Regiments… https://t.co/mg044p578a” / Twitter

1 Like

Thanks for the video! It’s well done and I understand the gameplay much better now.

1 Like

Great looking screens!

Yeah, I’m going to have to try this. :saluting_face:

I’d love a new Combat Mission as well. I found it to be a great combination of turn based thinking without that weird “I go, you go” artificiality.

3 Likes

You mean Cold War? Ya, it’s a good one… I’m wondering if a Vietnam or Korea war time frame would work for the CM series. Just thinking out loud. :wink:

1 Like

I’d take any CM. Beyond Overlord was the one in which I spent the most time, but I’ve played several.

2 Likes