I’m having an issue where my G2 sound reverts from the headset to my speakers after a few minutes of gameplay. Unfortunately once this happens my only option is to restart the game I’m running to fix the sound, which ultimately reverts back to speaker again.
I’ve tried several trouble shooting fixes but nothing has worked to date:
- checked bios, Win audio settings,
- checked and adjusted WMR, and SteamVR settings
- uninstalled and reinstalled audio drivers, even ran an aggressive CCleaner driver uninstall, which created some other issues (later resolved)
- updated drivers and headset firmware (where applicable)
- disabled some audio devices
- removed and reseated headset speakers
- swapped multiple USB ports
- added PCIe card, which solved my USB-C issues… yay
I’ve looked at multiple YouTube videos and scoured tech support sites and forums, including HP support forums
- Sound seems to revert usually after turning my head at certain angles past 100 or so degrees
- sound doesn’t revert right away but always happens after a few minutes of play, except for a couple of occasions where it happened almost immediately
I’m starting to wonder if it could be my cable but it seems to be seated properly. Still, I’m not ruling it out at this point.
MSI B550 Gaming Plus, Ryzen 7-3700, GTX 1060 3Gb, 32Gb mem, Realtek and THX audio drivers
While the sound switch does not kill my simming experience, it does impact the immersion.
Any help, tips, advice are welcome…