Rising Storm 2

Right then. Resurrecting an old thread.

Humble Bundle has a War bundle that includes Rising Storm 2: Vietnam Deluxe Edition.

Who’s still playing this game? I know a lot of people, including the flyboys played this. Who’s still playing? Any interest in some Mudspike Ops with RS2: Vietnam, as it’s only $10 right now? I know many @ground-ops people already have the game. People just need to install it and play it. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think I’d need to reinstall but I can certainly do that. I may actually still have it installed. But I’d totally play with a group.

1 Like

Of course I’d like to revisit RS2 … $10 is a great deal too. Judging by the amount and frequency of Steam updates it’s still receiving, there have been A LOT of content updates over the past months as well.

1 Like

So we talked about Rising Storm 2 during our Siege play tonight. Looks like most of the regulars have it?

Why not pencil in Rising Storm 2 at 9pm EST this Saturday, the old DOI time slot? Give it a shot for a couple weeks and see how it suits the group?

2 Likes

Eurpean guy here but yeah, why not? :smiley:

I play RO Vietnam most days now. Last update added some maps and IIRC some ARVN units. I wondered about all the new players on servers recently. Steam sale will do it every time. I am up for some squad based gaming if there is interest. I normally play on the 40-1 veteran server and depending on TOD some US servers too. Pings never really an issue below 200ms
:slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m having trouble remembering who has RS2 and who doesn’t. @adlabs6, did you end up getting it? Anyone else?

I could fire up my server for some hacking around tonight (Thursday 9pm edt) if anyone’s interested?

Maybe

I’m downloading it now. I can play if others want to play. Hopefully we can get more than just the ground ops people, I know a lot of others that have it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t be there right at 9 but I can show up. If we have people playing post here to let me know.

Exactly … if some people are just downloading now I think this would be a great time to just tool around and learn the ropes.

I’m not sure @adlabs6 is getting it. He basically said he wouldn’t even play it if he got paid for it. :slight_smile: My download is done

Hmmm, that’s kinda contrary to what he posted about it LOL!

I read it that he wants the others(us) to try it.

I will take a deeper look at it, yesterday was busy and didn’t get much time.

But absolutely yes, if there’s a group and interest, try it and see what the play is like. Good stuff can grow from there.

1 Like

Just in case- BIG UPDATE INCOMING! Free of charge of course! :smiley:Rising Storm 2: Vietnam to add new faction and five maps, including three made by modders | PC Gamer

1 Like

Awesome!

I say this game is ripe for the picking right now as there is also A LOT of Steam Workshop content (maps) for it as well.

Just had a couple of sessions on the mega server 240 slot server. Like fish in a barrel :slight_smile:

Just found this thread, this is the one Saghen was talking about. I have Rising Storm ready for tonight. By the way, I had a 20 min. download/install before it was ready, anyone planning to play tonight might want to start it up this afternoon and make sure your updates are all done.

Did they ever add joystick support for helicopters?