Rocket League: Mudspikers

You also had some great stuff in a few matches while I was there. A couple of game winners, including one over-time goal, IIRC?

And thanks to FearlessFrog dropping in, too bad I didn’t get to play longer.

Loads of fun though. And R6 was fun too. The weekend sessions are in a good place.

I’m going to be able to play for a while. I’ll be on TS if anyone can join.

Mudspikers join for RL now.

@Linebacker @Andrew116 @fearlessfrog @boomerang10

Sorry can’t make it tonight.

I refuse to buy keys because I hate lottery systems and whatever, but to each their own. Either way, opening the free stuff can sometimes be beneficial, or you can trade it for exactly what you want on the marketplace if you have enough of them. Etc… Anyway for anyone interested psyonix has offered this insight to how their crate percentage system works:

Interesting. I’m not much on paying for cosmetics, either, but the free unlocks are fun IMO.

I’m heading on to play for a bit this evening. Come on out if you can!

I picked up rocketleague after the free to play weekend. I’ve enjoyed it playing it though I’m terrible at it. I’ll join if someone can show me the ropes.

2 Likes

Thanks for joining us, Wingman. Some fun play last night!

1 Like

Mudspikers, come out to play.

1 Like

I’m going to be warming up ahead of R6 with RL for a bit.

On for some play again ahead (and after) R6!

Ok, RL is in session… Let’s GO!

Two of us are playing some RL for a bit, come join us!

Some advance warning: I’m going to have an hour or so to play, starting at 8 to 8:30 PM Eastern.

1 Like

Might be able to get there in time.

made it before you looks like :stuck_out_tongue:

Good stuff, see you guys next time!

I’m on again for a bit tonight.

Is this a bad habit? (lol)

1 Like

Common theme from my play tonight: Using too much boost.

Hit the ball shooting for a goal: Boosted too hard, ball went high.
Pushing the ball to center it: Ball either crosses too far, or bounced back to OUR side.
Moving to block an incoming shot: Boosted too hard and passed the ball.

Also, thinking back over my earlier weeks of play, compared to more recent… I used to “walk” forward, between small boosters, awaiting a moment to move up and try for a play. This left me slower, and often better able to react to stuff.

Lately though, I’m running full tilt around the field, bouncing between the 100% boosters. Even surrendering the ball control to take a 100% booster instead, thinking I’d be better for it in a few seconds. Wrong. I’m more often out of useful position, too fast to do anything about it, and overpowering the plays I do connect.

Having boost is important, but IMO I’m going the wrong way.

1 Like

Positioning and forward movement are vitally important. Even in a turn over, if your team is in good positions it shouldn’t matter much or you may even be able to capitalize on something.

Sorry bout last night guys, I didn’t mean to offend with my comments on the open net goal at the end there.

2 Likes