Samsung Odyssey & Odyssey Plus News

You have to wonder why some of these mods are not standard, out of the box features. Especially the head strap. Having the weight distributed across your head is one of the main reasons the Rift is so comfortable.

2 Likes

I agree. I’d rather pay $100 more and have the parts integrated. Aftermarket to the rescue. Of course, it all started with the awful initial fitment. I can’t help but wonder who the trial sample population was and what their feedback was. Maybe whoever was in charge was a ready, fire, aim kinda person…

Hair might be the reason. Not impotant for the most of us, I assume :wink:

1 Like

Looks like the O+ is on sale in Canada now for $449 CAD. Might be a bit more expensive ($41 more?) than picking it up in the United States…but just figured I’d mention it:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/samsung-hmd-odyssey/8n2d0nk20p8m?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

2 Likes

For now, the reviews I read about the Odyssey + are very positive. The resolution is the same as that of the Odyssey and VivePro.
I think my choice is done, I will soon buy one.

ShowBox Tutuapp Mobdro

1 Like

Welcome to Mudspike @kaloyan! :mudspike:

I like my Odyssey+ and a couple of things I would pass on after owning it for a while:

• The screen is great, probably the best out there if you aren’t going for something like a Pimax 5k

• The fit and comfort is not great. It can be helped with aftermarket things like the vrcover and extra strap.

• It’s a good desktop sit-down VR solution, for flight sims. For jumping around stuff the Vive and Rift are probably better hand controller solutions.

• Windows Mixed Reality can be fiddly to get working sometimes, with the Oculus Rift probably the most seamless set-up out there.

If you order through Microsoft you get a decent 30 days to return it as well.

2 Likes

My forehead was numb today after an hour of combat. I got to get that headstrap

2 Likes

That’s my biggest complaint. I’ve gone back to using the v1, which is very comfy. The strap is tempting, but with a few add-one and you are nearing Vive Pro territory.

When you played the whole night with your O+ on:
B0WsDlVIEAA6x8V

3 Likes

SteamVR Beta Updated - 1.3.5

FEB 27 @ 9:19PM - DREW GOTTLIEB

General:

Fixed issue with new settings UI taking a few seconds to finish drawing when it is opened on the desktop.

Linux:

• Reverted to old settings and controller pairing UIs for Linux users. These will be re-enabled in the future.
  • Fixed processes spawned by SteamVR using an incompatible mixture of Qt libraries.
  • Fixed vrcompositor crashing during launch if started by a vrclient .
  • Fixed processing of steamvr:// URIs, this includes processing actions like opening the web console.

SteamVR Home:

• Fixed input for Workshop tools.

SteamVR Input:

• Fixed binding callouts not working at all when a binding file has no bindings for an action set.

New Interface:

2 Likes

Samsung Odyssey + is on sale once again at $299.99:

1 Like

Yeah, ok- who cares about Europe anyways! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Oh come on now, shipping is only $122.38 :joy:

2 Likes

:confused: … they really want me to buy that Rift S it seems.

The only one similar option price wise in EU I have found :slight_smile:

Amazon.de

1 Like

Much obliged! :smiley:

1 Like

The problem is you need all the other stuff like external sensors and controlers with that one.

As @Aginor pointed out the only solution here is RiftS.

1 Like

Concur.
Ah, yeah, and a machine capable of running the software too!

:smiley:

1 Like

Details, details… :smile: :smile:

1 Like

It depends what one will prefere. E.g. you can always run VTOL VR instead of DCS :slight_smile:

1 Like