Scale Modellers, lets talk :)

If you do, will you send me your batteries at least? I run all dewalt for my hand tools, including the job site radio :nerd_face:

For the heavier tools, they’re all husqvarna, also sharing their batteries.

That’s a fine chopper you got on the bench there @Johnny , looks almost as good as @smokinhole’s…

Of course that tank needs to get a bigger motor. Can’t have it be underpowered, can we? You need at least the power to weight ratio of the real deal mate.

The ‘ya’ in Yak is one letter in cyrillic, looks like a backwards R.

4 Likes

I didn’t know it was a Matchbox kit. Heard it was an Ace release before Revell.
Thanks!

3 Likes

Operation Romb was the brief use of the jet in Afghanistan. Apparently only 10-12 sorties were flown, with little impact.

3 Likes

Id love to! Fancied making one myself but never found a good enough kit, didnt know trumpeter did armour!

1 Like

Thanks. I took a couple of shots for you - the lighting in my hobby (PC) room isn’t that great in the evenings, so excuse the reflected light please - but as you can see, there’s a nice collection of brass, resin and wire extras for the kit, too.

hang on - I just found a step-by-step guide to building the model on YouTube:

awesome! Don’t worry Victor - I’ll still need advice, I can guarantee it - especially on painting and finishing

5 Likes

So, let’s see how this goes- eventually.

6 Likes

In what a can only describe as a fit of monumental repeating bloody stupidity. I just wired up the new board

AND IMMEDIATELY SHORTED IT OUT AGAIN. I FORGOT TO REMOVE THE WIRE THAT CAUSED THE FIRST ONE.

AHAHDHSHAHHANJSNSNANSNSGRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

4 Likes

Ok… I’ll go along with that.
And, welcome to the club! I blew two microcontrollers in one of my projects, in a similar fashion.

5 Likes

£60…poof and its gone :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I wish that I had photos of the 2 x $400 quads that I’ve roasted in a few seconds with a sloppy solder job. Back in the days of building them from ad hoc parts from different vendors was the only option. Connect a 4 cell LiPo and watch the speed controllers, PDU board, flight controller, and video and RC RX/TX go up in flames while you burned your fingers struggling to disconnect the battery. It happens with such ferocity that it’s almost comical. Well it is to your fellow drone racers if it happens in the field. The only option is to drink a beer and move on.

4 Likes

Okay, I’ll join the club - and bear in mind, this was in my early 20’s!

Every 6 hours we had to check the oil on our installation generators. That meant stop genny, cap off, check & top up oil, cap on, restart genny, back inside for a brew.

So of course, in the middle of the night, guess who forgets to put the cap back on and starts up the genny, thus covering himself in oil?
That ain’t the bad bit. Next night, goes out, and just restarting the genny in the dark, I suddenly get this warm feeling, spreading up my legs and I stand there thinking “huh - that’s familiar - why did I get that feeling last time…?” :man_detective:

This is the first time I told anyone about that. Wonder why… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

How does that saying go - “never be afraid to make a mistake, it allows you to recognise it when you make it again”

You’re not on your own, been there done that as well.

On the plus side you are well on the way to becomming the local Heng Long repair guru.

5 Likes

My wife walked into the kitchen when she heard my yell of anguish, thinking id finally snapped and was about to go postal.

In her words, “you have worked 115 hours this week and its only saturday morning, your hands are shaking and you expect to be able to do fiddly little jobs like that and not cock it up, order another board and go back to bed you tit”

I did not comply but it did make me feel better bless her

7 Likes

Smart and beautiful… Keep her.

5 Likes

Made a few more subtle changes

Beast mode engaged

14 Likes

:sunglasses: :+1:

Needed more than a single like on the post.

Wheels

3 Likes

Its so loud :rofl:

2 Likes

What an impressive kit…! Even by Tamiya standards. :flushed:

4 Likes

Wow. @clutch i want to see you do this one!

3 Likes

I’m telling myself that I don’t need one of these to help the sheepdogs rounding up. I really don’t… really.

3 Likes