Ouch… Get well soon Mr Challenger.

1 Like

I may do now. Looks like a star wars ship

3 Likes

It is the way!

2 Likes

Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

1 Like

Finished up my Yak-38. This is the old Revell kit, in 1/72.
Why this model? Well, my best friend explained that because the Huey ended in Y, I had to choose something that began with a Y. Instead of a YF something, I had this kit in my stash. Despite being pretty inaccurate, I tackled it. Wanting to create a jet from operations in Afghanistan, I had to use some creative license with the number.

And we began the new build for 2023, Mosquitos.
Mine is the 1/72 Tamiya kit. I’m building the Nighter Fighter option.

14 Likes

So my awesome new metal road wheels turned up

Then another box arrived after this picture and now my tank is in a billion pieces and has holes drilled into it and is basically unrecognisable.

Ill upload the pictures tomorrow as i had to go to work but now i have full metal idlers, double sprung full metal suspension and a headache

8 Likes

Siri, show me someone down a rabbit hole… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

9 Likes

Ooh! A scale model thread/group! That’s great :slight_smile:

I’m currently building the Airfix 1/48 Lynx HMa8 - though I did put it down to pause a few months back and have been too busy to finish it up to now. Have to get on with it - not that much left to do.

9 Likes

I mean…it still doesnt run. But it looks like it could.

The damn thing weighs in at 7.9 pounds now.

There is a stronger motor kit available. But I’m totally not going to buy it.

8 Likes

Yet! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Im worried if i make it any better its gonna get put on a low loader and sent to :ukraine:

3 Likes

like we really believe that :rofl:

3 Likes

Of course, that means that Obi will guilt-trip you into buying and installing 2 motors in two tanks in the motor pool. I have mostly Milwaukee and Rigid tools, but love the look and feel of DeWALT :+1:

3 Likes

I’ve got the Trumpeter 1/35 Challenger from Op Telic, but I didn’t even attempt it yet as I haven’t built armour for about 40 years and am worried I’ll mess it up. Bought it at a model show stash sale before Covid and it’s got lots of extras I don’t even recognise.

3 Likes

Oooh like the sound of that!

3 Likes

That’s a good build for a Matchbox kit - well done. I have two - one is half built cos I gave up on it (but kept it stashed away) - the Fairey Gannet and the other I didn’t even try - that’s a really old one, a Dornier Do-28 in a poly bag with cardboard header bit.

3 Likes

I’ve got all dewalt cordless stuff on 18v because its easier with the common charging, but I am seriously considering switching to milwaukee at the next opportunity.

2 Likes

Maybe you can help me with it when I build it?

3 Likes

That grey-green Yak looks awesome. The proto-F-35 in all its glory.

I had no idea they were flown in Afghanistan, only knew the blue camo and the ship ops

2 Likes