Silica, New RTS/FPS from Bohemia Interactive

Brilliant! So every role is Drop in/ Drop out freely?

2 Likes

sort of … for the FPS you start as a scout (with a smg) you can then “buy” other loadouts by completing stuff that the commander allocates to the troops … kill that bug, search for resources …
the other loadouts are
rifle man
heavy … (rocket launcher)
marksman (sniper)

any of the “classes” can drive any of the vehicles

also just found the “join existing game” which brings up a server list

2 Likes

But you can swap between FPS and RTS?(Sorry for the many questions!)

2 Likes

yep … AI will take over whichever you are not doing

2 Likes

Honestly the best part for me. Set it all up and then go defend it.

I need to give this nore time. But trying to fly the p47 in DCS is time consuming

3 Likes

OK, I’m now 90% sold.

You mentioned ‘jump scares’. One reason I am not big on horror movies and games is that anything that suddenly activates a ‘fight or flight’ response (particularly fight) can be a bit of a trigger.

It depends on how big that immediate adrenaline surge is and I am nowhere near as bad as I was 10-15 years ago, but every now and again…

3 Likes

Right there with you

3 Likes

You can play human against human instead of human against bugs. Keeps the scare factor to a minimum, nothing popping out of the sand

2 Likes

Added to wishlist :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Kinda neat actually, I started a game as Commander, set a few buildings up and switched over to FPS, Got some tasks to go do, mainly go here, scout here, then destroy this, destroy that,

Human opponents are hard to spot vs bug opponents, I will say that.

1 Like

If you liked starship troopers you will have no problem with this …it was the several crab bugs sneaked up on me… I heard a noise spun riund and the bloody thing leaped at me

2 Likes
2 Likes

Yep, that would probably do it…

Still kinda on the fence. I have more than enough to keep me occupied, but it is on my wishlist and I will probably get it.

Besides. Worst case scenario, I have a bunch of ex-service mates and we all have each other on speed-dial just in case :wink:

2 Likes

I had a quick game last night and used the human v human v bugs mission … it was the first to use the full day-night cycle, and I have to say the night brings a whole ne perspective … tracers look phenomenal. The lighting in the game is pretty damn good and terrifying with the bugs :grinning:

3 Likes

have now tried the MP game … its is fantastic … (with all the usual MP caveats)
if you get a decent commander, I get very strong Battlefield 2 vibes… was just playing as a Marksman (just like the sniper class with the 50cal) picking off enemy troops great until they send a tank your way.
or being the scout with a submachine gun fending off a crab hoard attacking your base

2 Likes

I’m extremely tempted by this.

2 Likes

i think the next big update includes aircraft :sunglasses:

2 Likes
1 Like

i was part of massed tank attack, hunting the nest :rofl:

2 Likes

You totally deserve the ‘bad influencer’ title… I’m so close to getting this…

2 Likes