SimBox NG

LOL! :rofl:

Not sure if you are joking or not, but that’s what I have been using, and want to change…

Scissors… :scissors:

No, I think more like this when I say scissor:
SX425
Only in this case with the two fixed hinge points on the top, and the rollers on the bottom. No need for the jackscrew I guess, as you just pull the sides out, right. Bottom rollers might need to be captured in a rail, for the side not to flap out when pulled.
Anyway just a thought, might not be practical…

1 Like

Ah! Ok, I see how you mean.

I need the sidewall to move outwards and downwards…

There may be something to this!

Oh, I didn’t notice the sidewall had to shift downwards. Hm, that complicates it a bit… :thinking:

Edit: Heh, couldn’t let it go, had to make a quick experiment using some cardboard. :nerd_face:
Turns out, if the two fixed hinge points are at opposite ends, the two plates/walls will shift parallel relative to each other, just what is needed. However, I guess getting that shift distance to coincide with the distance the wall needs to move sideways, will be hard to nail down.

Show me.

Right, here goes… (it’s not pretty)

Fixed hinges illustrated by the pieces of bent wire, and the scissor leg with two free ends here, are supposed to have rollers running in a rail, on the inner & outer wall repectively.

The (almost) folded state, didn’t push it all in for illustrations sake:

Extended state, with side wall shifted downwards:

7 Likes

Dammit, @dachsdk… You really got me thinking now! :slight_smile:

Stand by…

1 Like

Or a spring and a latch, the scissor moves it outward and then you have a latch you can unlock that lets the sidewall down.

1 Like

The lack of TITANIUM alloy is perceivable…

3 Likes

Isn’t titanium alloys used to fix broken bones?

What…? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Lock S-Foils in attack position.

5 Likes

Is this the solution?
Well, it certainly is ‘a’ solution…

Drawer slides.

2 Likes

Ok… Looks like this could work!

5 Likes

5 Likes

And then he learned about Brazing

9 Likes

So how fast do you plan her to get on the maiden flight? Looks like Mach 1+ to me…

2 Likes

Yeah, he’s already through most of an RV quick-build kit. He’ll need to get an A&P sign-off next.

2 Likes

3 Likes

You’ve rang? :wink:

2 Likes

Just a few more rivets…

8 Likes