Star Wars (News, Thoughts, and Musings... No poetry...)

Our vacation didn’t exactly turn out like we planned, when our ship was hijacked by an imperial star destroyer.

My wife and a daughter plan our escape while the crew was distracted.

9 Likes

Extremely jealous right now. When I mentioned to my wife about how I would fly to the US just to do that, her reply was “when we win the lottery… and you’re on your own”.

4 Likes

Did she specify which lottery and how much…?

2 Likes

Pretty sure it is one where first prize has at least seven zeroes… Not the raffle down at the Pub :wink:

2 Likes

I see… Just trying to find a loophole for you. :wink:

2 Likes

There are no loopholes. And if there were, they could be retrospectively closed after the fact… and that is why rational argument/debate is impossible in this house :shushing_face:

3 Likes

Not just your house, mate!

2 Likes

Same here in the US (well technically we’re in Wales right now, so maybe there is a loop hole…)

1 Like

I didn’t realize there were that many lottery winners overseas, given how many of them I see here in FL on a daily basis!

With all these crowds I wish it was that cost-prohibitive… especially to move here. This state was actually nice in the 1980s.

1 Like

That came around quick… Photos or it isn’t real :stuck_out_tongue:

Last time I was in Florida was 2006. I still have a lot of friends there, but I have spent basically zero time in Miami (except KMIA). which could be why I love the place? Mainly Tampa Bay (and surrounds) and a couple of days in Jacksonville.

99% of my photos are on my DSLR, I figured this should suffice for geo locating :wink:

5 Likes

I wish i would of known this earlier @jenrick, I was in Swansea earlier :weary:

1 Like

Gotta be photoshopped! Blue sky and people in T-Shirts… can’t be Wales :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I can confirm the last few days have been without wet stuff falling from the sky. It returned yesterday with additional high wind and hail, just to remind the unwary not to even think about shorts.

Rain forecast for the rest of this week until the weekend which looks nice again.

Hope you are having a good time @jenrick.

4 Likes

All good my friend we went up to Rhayader and further north. Actually made it to Corris, though with the holiday nothing was flying.

Alright @Harry_Bumcrack I hope this satisfies the weather requirements:

My K3 wasn’t my first choice, but the fact that the entire Pentax system is darn near waterproof is a really good argument to take it to Wales.

@keets, we are loving it. Beautiful part of tht world and lovely people. I do want to discuss your road system, but I’ll start a separate thread about my trip in general. Alright MS mandated thread derail over, back to SW all.

5 Likes

OK then. I have been struggling with Season 3 of the Mandalorian… especially coming off the back of Andor, but… I just watched the latest Chapter. :face_vomiting:

If you haven’t already. Do yourself a favour and watch 'Previously On…" then skip to the last five minutes and pretend that the rest never existed.

Al I can think of is that a Producer owed Jack Black, Christopher Lloyd and Lizzo a favour & decided to sqaure things up with all of them at once?

1 Like

Have to brutally disagree here.

The Star Wars universe has always been filled with weirdos and over-the-top characters.
While it was a departure from the usual I still found all the characters deeply enjoyable…

I mean you can literally put Jack Black anywhere in Star Wars and it would still make perfect sense for me.

Alas, it’s opinions- and just like hair everyone have theirs.

3 Likes

vive la différence :wink:

5 Likes

Exactly.
Just look at the original cast…
But it worked!

2 Likes