Star Wars (News, Thoughts, and Musings... No poetry...)

Still one of my all time favourite episodes of any tv show so far.
Yeah.

2 Likes

This is 2019. Having 6-8 episodes is a regular series. Check NF, Amazon, Hulu, whatever, this is the new “normal.” :frowning:

On the upside, they’ve already cleared it for S2, because apparently what is there has majorly impressed the execs long before it’s even available to be seen by us. Of course, who knows how long that will take.

I was commenting to my friend the other day that 30 years ago you’d get 50 episodes of a show in 2 years, and by the end of year 4 you’d get their big “100th episode” celebration.

Today, to get to 50 episodes takes a minimum of 5 seasons likely spread over 8-10 years and getting to 100 is pretty much impossible.

Game of Thrones lasted 8 seasons and had the same number of episodes as ST: TOS did in 3, and GoT is considered massive smash while TOS was considered a failure at the time!

2 Likes

I didn’t know Disney was based in the UK :wink:

yeah, only real logic I can see is that the magic 100 required for syndication doesn’t mean squat anymore in these streaming service times.

2 Likes

Another trailer, but seemingly far more interesting than that last one I posted. Maybe it’s just me

2 Likes

good thing I get disney+ for free

1 Like

I will probably get it on DVD once it is released. I always liked the stories about the Mandalorians.

I thought the trailer looked good. Not good enough to make me fork out money for Disney +, but considering I’ll get it for free with my Verizon unlimited wireless account for a year I definitely plan to watch.

i got FiOS and Unlimited Wireless

at $6.99 a month I might consider it for a month only. Not sure if all episodes will be up right away though, if not I can wait till they are. No rush.

I might have heard they’re releasing them weekly or in batches of 2-3 at a time. I can’t recall now.

As I have 2 kids, I just did the special deal they had this summer where I got 3 years up front for less than $4/month or whatever it was. There’s no way we won’t get usage out of it. After that, I will decide whether to keep it or not.

Co-worker and I were just discussing this today. According to him, it will be one a week.

6 posts were split to a new topic: Star Wars Rise of Skywalker (with spoilers)

Brace yourselves for three new Star Wars films…which I shall hopefully forget about again.

1 Like

I mostly liked the last few, so I am excited.

I cautiously optimistic. Looks like one of the movies will be set in the old republic - even if it is only a fraction as good as the KOTOR games I will like it (wonder if Revan makes an appearance?).

I always thought that the ‘tales’ series of books would have made great TV. It has been decades since I read them but I remember Tales of the Bounty Hunters was my favourite. They kind of touched on it in The Book of Boba Fett, but it was the IG88 story that I thought was awesome.

The franchise has served me well for 30 of the 45 years it has been around. I’m done.

1 Like

A few mins ago. They are prepping this MF for launch.

5 Likes

Surprised Daisy agreed to do another one, she said she had no interest after the 3rd one.

1 Like

Do not underestimate the power of the force projected by the deep pockets of disney…

7 Likes

The Force is strong in this one. The little devious rodent is tied to your bank account.

1 Like