Star Wars Squadrons coming out

It unfortunately very much looks like the space part of Battlefront 2.

If they just did a modern version of X-Wing and put TIE Fighter in there as well, but with full HOTAS support instead of the xbox controller bxxxxxxt. And going for the story and playability instead of just visual bling. Ohh, and if it where up to me, then stick with the extended universe. In my opinion the characters are more fleshed out and way more interesting than the Disney era.

I’d throw my money at them.

6 Likes

I have a bad felling about this…

4 Likes

Never tell me the odds!

4 Likes

Help me Obi Wan, you’re my only hope…

(Lame, I know…I panicked…it was the only one I could think of)

5 Likes

It looks like the space sections in the SP campaign of the last SWBF game. Or the mode in the old SWBF2 from 2005. Except in that one you could land and get out of the ship to fight inside the capital ships and not just sit in the cockpit the whole time.

This appears to follow in the footsteps of the old Rogue Squadron games, which started in 1993 or something.

Story-based sims, like Wing Commander, X Wing, Strike Commander, Wings of Glory, etc no longer seem to interest publishers. All we have on the horizon is Squadron 42 which was likely named because it will probably be released in 2042.

5 Likes

I find your lack of faith disturbing :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Let’s just hope they…stay on target…

5 Likes

“Move along…move along…”

4 Likes

These are not the droids you’re looking for…

4 Likes

Hey @schurem…aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?

5 Likes

KerPOW! Boring conversation anyway.

4 Likes

Will somebody get this big walking carpet outta my way

4 Likes

It’s the ship that made the Kessel run in less than twelve parsecs!

Which sounds all cool and everything but a parsec is a unit of distance equal to about 3.26 light years. Further, a parsec is based on the orbit of the Earth…so how does Han Solo, who lived along time ago in a galaxy far away, know about the Earth?

I think he got his time and distance units mixed up…which is probably why he tried to land the Millennium Falcon on that taxiway…just say’n…well, back to counting rivets… :crazy_face:

5 Likes

No…no…no.

We dont question it. We just accept it. All hail star wars. :laughing:

2 Likes

It’s not about making the run in the shortest time. It’s about skimming as close as possible to the cluster of black holes (the maw) and shaving off the distance of the run.

3 Likes

OK…I’ll buy that…but the parsec thing still bothers me…why not use “mega furlongs” or “giga leagues”…something not tied to Earth…

…and how is it that they all speak English? Babel fish?

EDIT: I just realized…here we are, grown men with families and such, living hundred…nay thousands of miles/kilometers/leagues from each other, trading Star Wars quotes and discussing their origin…

…I’m retired and have nothing better to do but the rest of you…??? :grimacing:

I blame COVID19.

8 Likes

I’m driving a 44 ton lorry and arguing about star wars with an ex Intel officer in the USN!! I wish I could tell my 5 year old self how cool life is sometimes :laughing::laughing:

8 Likes

:highfive:!

5 Likes

:thinking: It looks nice but I doubt it will overshadow old X-Wing / Tie Fighter from the 90’s.

1 Like

VR confirmed!

5 Likes