Star Wars Squadrons coming out

That’s the feeling I got as well. Granted it’s just a trailer.

2 Likes

I was initially excited to see this, but unfortunately it looks like they’re doing an entire multiplayer PvP game and not a story based single player or cooperative game.

It seems to be really hard to live up to the old X-Wing and TIE Fighter games. But then again, I doubt most of us who remember those are the primary audience.

3 Likes

This is one of those things that has a weird duality for me. I’m a bit gutted that it wont be the remake of X wing vs Tie fighter that I crave, however I can feel some comfort in the fact they are still making Star Wars games that my kids might play.
I mean, I played through Dark forces 1 and 2 with Obi and while he liked the shooty bang noises and cartoony graphics, it’s never going to capture the next generation (hehe star trek) like the newest shinest games will.

3 Likes

I’m the same way with Wing Commander - really got into it…not so much with the sequels

I probably posted this before, but here is a pretty cool story about how Tie Fighter came to be and the lead-up which include many other lucas arts flight sim type things. If you have the time it’s worth a read imo. (I think I may have posted this before, but whatever :stuck_out_tongue: )

ps- The title only kind of fits so don’t let that fool you.

5 Likes

As someone who liked all the Wing Commander games very much and kinda liked the X-Wing series games (re played XWA two years ago with hi res mods, was fun) I am looking forward to this game.
Might be fun.

1 Like

I’ve seen that article. Tie Fighter was the best Star Wars themed game for me, right after Jedi Knight series. After X-Wing I wouldn’t suspect I would love to fly for the Emperor, bringing peace and order to the Galaxy.

2 Likes

At the risk of drawing wrath for merely mentioning this game… SWG had a pretty decent representation of X-Wing/Tie Fighter type game play. It’s just a shame it was attached to SWG.

1 Like

Being a MMO kinda took it out of the running.

1 Like

Yes, but ironically, MMO’s still had single player storylines :smiley: but I know what you mean.

2 Likes

Well, I guess with the way some MMOs look, you could do them one handed in that way.

1 Like

Wow that looks amazing!

Hopefully they randomly skew your aiming site slightly so everyone is constantly going wide with their laser shots - just like the films.

VR…

2 Likes

I’m sure some of you are familiar, but for those who are not, here’s the next best thing to a new X-Wing game:

X-WING ALLIANCE UPGRADE

https://youtu.be/4fy3qmZ3EeY

7 Likes

Is this something I can download now?

Yup, XWAUP has been around for years now, continually improving things with the times.

1 Like

Excellent, will have something to do then tonight!

Here’s a better (more accurate) representation:

https://youtu.be/9BBFVMD-PrU

Also, TrackIR AND VR support!

7 Likes

I take it, it works on the GOG version. Honestly I’m ok with the old graphics, but it does help renew some urge to play. TrackIR and VR support is great too.

3 Likes