Starfield (2023)

I’ve been watching the development of this space game for a bit now. It’s starting to really look interesting indeed.

8 Likes

Yup, this has been on my radar for a while as well.

1 Like

Ill pre order it. Im a sucker for space games and Bethesda games.

Im hoping for Elder scrolls style space game.

Not sure we will get that but anything close would be nice.

2 Likes

Was supposed to release last November. Can’t wait!

2 Likes

I just did :wink:

1 Like

Looks like September will be a ‘busy’ month for me. CP2077: Phantom Liberty drops on the 26th.

1 Like

I have tried multiple time but just can not get into CP 2077. I dont know why.

1 Like

Man that’s a shame. I am a bit conflicted on the game… is it possible to love something so much and be disappointed in it at the same time?

But as a RPG world/setting it ticks all the boxes for me - I have been a fan of the Cyberpunk genre and William Gibson since I read Neuromancer when it was first released.

Agreed… love the developer, love the idea, bought it on PC and Xbox but just can’t get into it either. Finally uninstalled it about a month ago.

2 Likes

That’s Bethesda, right? I’d rather have TES6 but let’s see where this goes.

VR?

3 Likes

According to the chatter, based on Skyrim VR and Fallout 4, it is a possibility, but unlikely at launch.

I would be tempted to give VR a go (if supported) but 1st person shooter style games tend to really upset my equilibrium, so that isn’t a selling point for me.

2 Likes

I have really high hopes that this will be as fun a world(worlds) to get lost in as TES.

1 Like

I’ve always enjoyed epic space adventures and have been excited about Starfield since its announcement. However, ME: Andromeda was a letdown for me so I’m skeptical. I know it was by a different developer. Still, I’m optimistic but cautious and on the fence about preordering.

2 Likes

Starfield is one of the few releases this year I’m actually excited for. Most everything else is just “eh, whenever it comes out.”

1 Like

Here’s a “deep dive” from the developers in which they show the game and how players will see it. Pretty impressive stuff IMHO. I’m definitely interested. Was released only a few days ago.

Best watched in 4K.

3 Likes

30 fps cap lock, is concerning. Anything less than 60 seems laggy to me.

30fps isn’t ideal (which is why I have a 240Hz monitor) but I would rather have a steady 30fps than a variable 20-40fps… It is when the frame rate is all over the place that I notice it more.

Edit: 30 fps at 1440p and 4K resolutions on Xbox Series S and X respectively. I am now confident that I will be able to find a good trade off between FPS and eye candy on a PC :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am also cautiously optimistic. Bethesda (IMHO) haven’t made a ‘bad’ RPG and I’m really hoping they haven’t jumped the shark with this one.

1 Like

Oblivion was kind of a low point for TES :innocent: